1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Traktor Pro + Hercules DJ Console Mk2

Discussion in 'DJ Controllers' started by YOGI_GER, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOGI_GER

YOGI_GER New Member

Hi guy's new to the site. :)

Just recently invested in Pro after trying LE and I'm wondering if anyone could help me with setting up my Console mixer, so that I can use Pro the same as LE.

I am not sure what settings I need to enable in order for me to do this.

Also, when it's set up, I will be able to use the monitor OK as the last time with LE, the mixer worked fine apart from having no monitor.

Any help appreciated, I want to get started with Pro!

PS - I'm into a MacBook if that helps.
  2. YOGI_GER

YOGI_GER New Member

Could someone maybe help with this please?

I have now got LE fully functional after messing around with the settings though. :cool:

However, I obviously want to get Pro working with the mixer as it will be better. Could someone also tell me if I will see the mixer and controls move about on screen like LE when I finally get the mixer set up right?

Thanks
  3. Beatkeeper72

Beatkeeper72 Forum Member

Have you had any luck with pro setup yet?, I,m in the same boat as you and looking for some answers too.
  4. YOGI_GER

YOGI_GER New Member

Seems like nobody on the board knows how to mate.

I'll be PM'ing NI admin soon if i dont get a response, after all I bought it from them? :|
  5. Beatkeeper72

Beatkeeper72 Forum Member

yeah i know what you m8, it's driving me nuts i,ve spent 2 days trying to get this up and running! And it's not as if i,m a newbie to djing been playing since 93
  6. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso Forum Member

The configuration is pretty much the same in Traktor Pro as it was for Traktor LE.

To make things easier, Traktor Pro already includes a profile enabling the use of the DJ Console Mk2 as a MIDI controller and audio card. To load the profile:

- From the Preference menu, click the Import button.

- Open MIDI Mapping > Hercules DJ Console MK2, then select the profile TP_Hercules_DJConsoleMK2_v1.0.TSI

- A window will then be displayed asking which category to import. The following should be checked:

MIDI mapping
    Audio Device Settings
    MIDI Device Settings

- Your DJ Console can now be used with Traktor Pro

A PDF document explaining the different functionalities can be found in the following location:

MAC:

Usr > Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor > Settings > MIDI Mapping > Hercules DJ Console MK2
  7. YOGI_GER

YOGI_GER New Member

Mate thanks so much for your help but that does not work.

I DL'd V1.1 but in Midi Mapping there is no hercules DJ Console?
  8. DJFRESHA

DJFRESHA Forum Member

I've got one of these off my mate (he was lucky enough to get 2 becuase of a delivery error, so all good there!), I've got to get to work on the new template for this (already did a template for BCD2000 and T3 via Bome's MIDI translator, but by the looks of things I can do all the editing i need within TPro) - will get back to you asap (as my mate also wants the template built too!) - keep your eyes peeled.

Will also look at the Xponent console too (when I get one off another mate of mine, dunno when for that one though, but cant wait to try out the touch sensitive jogwheels - lets get the scratch n sniff running the way it should be with all these other controllers!)
  9. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso Forum Member

The Mk2 has been supported by Native since Traktor 3, so it is definitely there, except that I made a mistake in the path, which should be :

MIDI Mapping > Hercules > Hercules DJ Console MK2

BTW, the latest version if Traktor Pro is 1.12
  10. YOGI_GER

YOGI_GER New Member

Fresha + Phatso, thanks again, much appreciated.

Phatso, are you sure bud?

I have the latest version DL'd and under Midi Mappings there is nothing there?

I'm going Preferences - Import - Midi Mappings - Then nothing?
  11. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso Forum Member

When you say nothing do you mean that:

- you don't have a Hercules folder among all of the other manufacturers that can be selected ?

- or that the folder is empty ?

How about if you go directly to the folder (outside of Traktor):

Usr > Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor > Settings > MIDI Mapping

You might want to try this:

- In Traktor, to the the HELP menu and select SETUP WIZARD
    - In the Setup Menu, see if you can choose Hercules, then MK2

If it is not available, I would say that maybe some files weren't copied correctly during the installation or got mixed up with tose of your old LE version.
  12. YOGI_GER

YOGI_GER New Member

Phatso, thats fantastic, it worked! :)

I got it set up in the HELP menu like you said, checked it off for Hercules and then no problems at all.

I really apprecitate the help and time you gave me. Hopefully, this can help others as well.

Cheers again,

Yogi. :cool:
  13. ValiF

ValiF New Member

Hi mates, 1st of all sorry for my bad english :p

I want to use the jogweels in Traktor Pro like I can use in Virtual DJ, but I don't know how to "remapp" or 2 change the settings in MIDI mapping.

In Traktor i've seen that when u spin the jogweels, the track jump forward or backward (depends on what direction u spin the jogs) 1 or 2 beats. I don't wanna' this thing, I want 2 use the jogs like in Virtual Dj, let's say, improperly, for pitch control.

Can u help me 2 redefind the midi mapping 4 the jogs 2 use them like in Virtual Dj.

Thanks!
  14. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso Forum Member

Regarding MIDI mapping, I would recommand reading Traktor's user manual, which is very detailed on the subject. If you need more information, you can also consult the Traktor Bible from this web site:

http://www.traktorbible.com/en/midiguide.aspx

As for enumating Virtual DJ jog wheel behaviour, this is unfortunately not possible, as both software make diffferent use of the scratch function (possibly also because Traktor Scratch also exist...)
  15. ValiF

ValiF New Member

Thanks a lot ... I've found myself in Traktor, in Midi Mapping section, when you add/transport/cd-dj jog.

Then I've deleted the existings setting for the jogs (seek position on the track - by default mode - not for FX Cue or Loop) and it's work like in Virtual Dj. But, when the track is stoped and you wanna find a beat for a cue point ... the jogs don't react similar with situation when the track it's playing.
    I must read again the Traktor Bible regarding midi mapping.

Anyway, 10x a lot mates & have fun with Traktor Pro! ;)

P.S. Again sorry 4 my very bad english :D
  16. fastidio

fastidio New Member

Hi

I'm sorry for my english.
    I've done all what u have suggested (included importing the Hercues mk2.tsi file).
    Actually I can hear all the songs in traktor pro through my hercules mk2 console but It doesn't work at all. I mean neither the jogs nor all the other controls. It works just as a soundcard..

What can I do?
    Please help me.. I've been fighting for a week! ;)
  17. ValiF

ValiF New Member

1st of all, select from Hercules Dj Series Control Panel ASIO for Audio Mode.

Then, open Traktor/File/Preferences -> Audio Setup in Traktor, select Hercules Dj Console MK2 ASIO as audio device.

After that, in Midi Setup, you must check Active for Midi Input and Midi Output the Hercules Console MK2. On the left/down corner of the Preferences window you have Import -> Midi Mappings/Hercules DJConsole MK2/TP_Hercules_DJConsole_MK2_v1.0.tsi

It must work! Enjoy :cool:

18. fastidio

fastidio New Member

There's nothing under midi input and midi output. I've attached the Screenshot so u can see it.

so?

Attached Files:

19. ValiF

ValiF New Member

20. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso Forum Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.