Traktor Pro + Hercules DJ RMX

Discussion in 'DJ Controllers' started by stereoworrek, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoworrek

stereoworrek NI Product Owner

Does anyone know if Native Instruments or Hercules will provide a tks (resp tki) file for Traktor Pro.

Big disappointment if all DJ console Rmx user would be left out...

Thanks + Cheers from Hamburg
    John
  2. c242

c242 NI Product Owner

I ended up re-doing the mappings as I didn't want to wait. I think NI could at least have built in the opportunity to import ol tks'es...
  3. BustedKarma

BustedKarma Forum Member

I ended up doing them myself as well- I'm glad I did because I learned a lot about T Pro in the process- think about it that way. I was using an Xponent but it kept on crashing so I went out and bought one of these & I have to say I am very impressed- I also bought a Korg nano Kontrol for extra buttons & knobs (for the effects). I tried out one of the old hercules units and it was pretty flimsy but this thing is built pretty solidy.
  4. tcviper

tcviper NI Product Owner

Hello,

Are you please able to put the TKS file online for Traktor Pro since I have no idea how to do this for my Hercules RMX.

I think its a bit of a shame Native Instuments doesnt support this device by default though...

Thanks already,
    Michiel
  5. empolo

empolo NI Product Owner

6. garydev

garydev New Member

Anyone having a problem where the lights wont turn on on their mixer?

Everything else seems to be workinf fine for me. Lights all switch on once the mixer is plugged in but don't activate when I open Traktor Pro. I'm using the midi mapping from the Hercules site....
  7. markdeejay7

markdeejay7 Forum Member

Hi There garydev,

Just go into the settings menu.......MIDI setup........

Make sure there is an "X" in each of the "Active" boxes on MIDI Input and MIDI Output devices (Just double-click in the box under "Active")

That should sort it.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Mark
  8. garydev

garydev New Member

Cheers Mark, worked perfectly!
  9. CounterDesk

CounterDesk New Member

Hi all,
    I have a Hercules DJ Control Steel with Traktor Pro on my MacBook (Mac OS X 10.5). I downloaded the MIDI mapping for the Steel Pro from the Hercules support site and it al works perfectly.
    There's only one problem: All the LED's turn on like they should when I press buttons and stuff. But when I let a random deck play a song, the only lights that works are both of the synch lights. The buttons function work fine, only the lights can't switch on or off. Once I pause the track the lights work again when pressed. It seems to be an output problem but I wondered why the synch buttons do flash on the beat while the other lights don't change state when a track is playing.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem before or is anyone having the problem at the moment?

UPDATE: I removed the beat output to both synch buttons and now all lights do work when a track is played. But now I'm missing the beat flashing thingy...
  10. goonzy

goonzy Modérateur

I have a problem with the DJ control Steel / Rmx.
    When trying to activate scratch mode on a deck, it stops playing (which is rather annoying).

Is there a way to scratch on a playing deck or is it the same with all controllers?
  11. electroself

electroself New Member

CounterDesk same problem

Hi, I have the same problem of CounterDesk, running TSP and DJ Control Steel, when decks are playing there´s no output MIDI messages for LED, lights are freezed.
  12. gscuderi

gscuderi New Member

I Have the same issue of CounterDesk and electroself

Hi all,

I have the same issue reported by CounterDesk and electroself.

Temporary Workaround, while suggested by CounterDesk, is remove the beat output, and now led lights seems work, but obviously no beat flashing..

I hope someone find a definitive solution to this issue

Giordano
  13. Rintelman

Rintelman New Member

Hi Guys,

I have a Macbook 2.2 Gig Intel core Duo and i want a good, but reasonably priced all in one controller To run with Traktor Pro. I tried the Behringer BCD-3000 but wasn't thrilled at all. Midi - map didn't work for all the buttons and it had a kind of Playmobil feel. I am now leaning towards the Hercules DJ RMX console. Does anyone have any experience with this controller on a Mac. Does this work well and is it easy to install/set MIDi-mapping?
    Also, I have 1 Gig of memory now, is this too little to run Traktor in a stable manner?

Thanks for any comments!

Rintelman
  14. jmuenchow

jmuenchow New Member

Quick technical question. How do MIDI re-mapping downloads work? Does it just tell the software what it needs to do to talk to the RMX, or does it change the configs on the hardware itself?

I am asking, b/c I about to purchase the RMX and since Traktor does not (yet) support video, I will also need the RMX to control that software that comes with the unit.
  15. djmarkian

djmarkian Forum Member

Im having problems with my RMX and traktor pro. I have the latest drivers but my RMX is not controlling TP properly. I also imported the MAP settings from hercules and still not working properly. Any help pleas...
  16. goonzy

goonzy Modérateur

YEs... do your own map :)
  17. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso Forum Member

18. djmarkian

djmarkian Forum Member

Nvm I actually figured it out, I was just dragging the wrong MAP file...
  19. dj whiteout

dj whiteout New Member

How do you fix the holding stop button to skratch? also how do you get the effects to work in the software.

thanks.
  20. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso Forum Member

Holding the Stop button for scratching is not a bug. It is the way Traktor uses the Scratch function (given the fact that you would need to stop a vinyl to be able to scratch...)

As for the effects, the mapping provided by Hercules is made to work in FX chained mode (3 effects). All you have to do is to load the FXs you would like to use in the top portion of the Traktor window.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.