1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

Traktor S4 and Speakers

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by cosmicrift, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmicrift

cosmicrift New Member

Hey I just recently purchased the Traktor S4 and a set of computer speakers. I purchased the Promedia 2.1 Klipsch with two speakers and a subwoofer, one being the pod, and it includes a subwoofer with a preamp. I have been reading online everywhere and have not found a solution to my question so if my question has already been answered sorry about that.

Okay so these speakers come with a line in green 1/8 jack I would like to know if this could be put into the S4 somehow with a converter to either 1/4 or RCA and if this would work.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/2.1%20promedia%20klipsch/jshalabi1/klip2.jpg?t=1270694826

This is what the back of my speaker looks like minus the on/off switch. For those unfamiliar with it. It has an internal amp in it which runs the two speakers connected to negative/positive wires. The pod has the 1/8 green line in and I was thinking I could use that to plugin to an RCA or a 1.4 jack in/out on the S4. Is this possible?

My last resort and what I really don't want to do is hook it up to my computer because than I will need to buy a new soundcard if I want to run my headphones.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated it.
  2. cosmicrift

cosmicrift New Member

Okay so I solved this problem but now I have a new one. I bought a 1/8 to 1/4 and connected that to a 1/4 to 2 1/4 and plugged it in the back of my S4. Now my next problem. I cannot figure out why I'm hearing my main sound from my speakers through my headphones and speakers at the same time when I haven't pressed any cue. Has anybody solved this problem?

My output setup now is 3+4 to Monitors and 1+2 to Speakers. Am I doing something wrong?

I will post pictures of my setup later. I noticed a lot of people couldn't figure out how to route speakers so I'll gladly show my setup.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.