Traktor S4 and Speakers

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by cosmicrift, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmicrift

cosmicrift New Member

Hey I just recently purchased the Traktor S4 and a set of computer speakers. I purchased the Promedia 2.1 Klipsch with two speakers and a subwoofer, one being the pod, and it includes a subwoofer with a preamp. I have been reading online everywhere and have not found a solution to my question so if my question has already been answered sorry about that.

Okay so these speakers come with a line in green 1/8 jack I would like to know if this could be put into the S4 somehow with a converter to either 1/4 or RCA and if this would work.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/2.1%20promedia%20klipsch/jshalabi1/klip2.jpg?t=1270694826

This is what the back of my speaker looks like minus the on/off switch. For those unfamiliar with it. It has an internal amp in it which runs the two speakers connected to negative/positive wires. The pod has the 1/8 green line in and I was thinking I could use that to plugin to an RCA or a 1.4 jack in/out on the S4. Is this possible?

My last resort and what I really don't want to do is hook it up to my computer because than I will need to buy a new soundcard if I want to run my headphones.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated it.
  2. cosmicrift

cosmicrift New Member

Okay so I solved this problem but now I have a new one. I bought a 1/8 to 1/4 and connected that to a 1/4 to 2 1/4 and plugged it in the back of my S4. Now my next problem. I cannot figure out why I'm hearing my main sound from my speakers through my headphones and speakers at the same time when I haven't pressed any cue. Has anybody solved this problem?

My output setup now is 3+4 to Monitors and 1+2 to Speakers. Am I doing something wrong?

I will post pictures of my setup later. I noticed a lot of people couldn't figure out how to route speakers so I'll gladly show my setup.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.