1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

Traktor Scratch Duo Syncing - Loud Hissing Noise

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by djdkf, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djdkf

djdkf New Member

I have Traktor Scratch Duo. I use a Pioneer DJM-700 2-channel mixer and Pioneer CDJ-200's.

It recognizes my timecode CD's and stop/starts the track on the application when I hit stop/start on my CDJ's. So, this is good.

Now, my problem is sound. All I get is that loud hissing tone from the timecoded CDs, not my music.

Each channel of my 2-channel mixer has 2 RCA segments, one reading "Phono/Line" and "CD". Now, since I'm only using CDJ's, which ports on the mixer do I plug into? "Phono/Line"? "CD"? Both? And, which cables go where?

Thanks,
    DKF
  2. goonzy

goonzy Modérateur

If you're on Phono/line, set the input to Line level.

The hiss you hear is the timecode in itself so unless you have multicore cables , it should not arrive to your mixer

Basically your setup should be:

CDJ plugged to Line in on the audio 4
    Audio 4 out plugged to Line or CD input on the mixer

If you have multicore cable, "thru" segment should be plugged to another Line or CD input and you could switch from direct CD sound to Traktor
  3. djdkf

djdkf New Member

Cool, thanks man.

What do you mean by this?

"If you have multicore cable, "thru" segment should be plugged to another Line or CD input and you could switch from direct CD sound to Traktor"
    ---
    Also, "Phono/Line" is one input "CD" is the other. I understand that most mixers are "Phono" and "CD/Line". So, in my scenario, what would "Set the input to line level" mean?
  4. goonzy

goonzy Modérateur

Well you could have Phono AND line on the same plug with a small switch to change the input level.

With multicore cable, you can have a derivation to have direct sound from you decks (vinyl or CD) going to the mixer which can be handy if the erson playin before and after you ar using plain vinyl or CD for example in a "party" condition.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.