Traktor Scratch Pro + CDJ 2000

Discussion in 'DJ Controllers' started by Tyronnster, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyronnster

Tyronnster Forum Member

Has anyone set this up,

I recieved my cdjs this week an love them,

Just wondering if anyone used them with traktor

Thanx

I need help
  2. rauljerico

rauljerico NI Product Owner

any photos please? :p
  3. taphasms

taphasms Forum Member

Just got mine fella 2000 and 900 but tried every thing to get them to work with Traktor no luck. Think it will all be resolved when the update 1.2.3 comes out! Saying that you can still use timecode but not HID.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  4. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Moderator

Anyone tried putting an actual CD in any of these ?;)

Karlos
  5. taphasms

taphasms Forum Member

Yeah had a few CD mixes and then mostly usb from then on. I tell you what guys the money you spend on this kit it should be all singing all dancing! The only problem I have with them is time taken to load the waveform of a mp3 track from usb, it is discraceful. Very slow, approx 3-4minutes to load the waveform in some cases it finished 1 minute before the track ended. On the other handed the older technology "CD" is much faster about the same as on the 1000mk3. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong ie setting etc but that is shocking!:|
  6. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Moderator

That doesnt sound right at all especially with MP3s that are probably not large files.
    I think your best bet is to whizz over the the Pioneer Forum for advice on this.

Anyone got anything to help a brother out here.

Karlos
  7. Tyronnster

Tyronnster Forum Member

The only controller listed is cdj 400 just wanted to use Hid lol
  8. Tyronnster

Tyronnster Forum Member

9. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Moderator

I take it that the new CDJs dont fit on the old Wall Brackets.;)
    Time to buy a new DJ stand my friend. That is, if you have any money left after buying the 2000s.

Whats the waveform like? Is it easier to read and more informative than the old CDJ waveform?

To be honest i got bored of wading through vids and reviews, id rather hear from people like you that have actually got a pair in their hands.

Karlos
  10. Funck78

Funck78 New Member

They work great, played with them this weekend.. They work exactly like the MK3, not much new in the general setup, besides the 4 beat loop button. BUT, then there is the whole new USB interface and Link.. and is fast and quite easy to use.. simple as that..
    Looking foreward to the next version of Traktor, so i can hook it up with HID..

@Karlos..

The waveform display is much easier to read, better details, and clear colors.
    But are missing a zoom function like in Traktor, so the longer the track is, it´s getting less detailed.. because it´s shows the full waveform of the track..

It´s a great follower for the MK3, Pioneer stay at the top...

But something i don´t understand.. The program Rekordbox that goes with the 2000.. its not freeware.. and are secured under a CD-key.. that´s not very clever..
  11. mjmac

mjmac Forum Member

12. dj_PK

dj_PK Forum Member

Dood, as much as i understood from Pio forums, You "analyze" all tracks beforehand with recordbox software. After that waveforms are "loaded" just as fast as track is loaded into player.

Ofcourse if You have these players You can confirm this. Still waiting for my players.

PK
  13. mjmac

mjmac Forum Member

there must be an issue with your unit as my cdj's display the waveform very fast, be it pre analyzed mp3s, or unanalyzed wav's, mp3's and cd's....
  14. Tyronnster

Tyronnster Forum Member

Mine seems to take ages but is when it is connected to my hard drive which is 250gb so that might be the issue

I am just gonna get a 8gb usb and use that instead

Perosnally I love my new cdjs and am delighted i have them

Are they worth 1500 each, Probs not but boys will be boys lol
  15. mjmac

mjmac Forum Member

im using an 8gig usb stick fully loaded with 320k mp3's.... it does say in the manual that things may take a little longer using a hard drive - i wonder what its like using an ipod classic 160gig... will run that through rekord box later and see!
  16. Basta86

Basta86 Forum Member

Hey,

i used the cdj with 1.2.3.
    It works plug and play.
    The mapping has been done according the basic cdj cd mode functions.
    Also you can change the hid mapping just like a midi mapping in the controller manager.
  17. mjmac

mjmac Forum Member

just downloading it now!
  18. Tyronnster

Tyronnster Forum Member

Got the new Version

Can you download specific traktor midi files or config it urself

Lookin for someone who knows before messing about
  19. Tyronnster

Tyronnster Forum Member

New Traktor + New CDJ 2000 plz help

Hi

I am lookin for some help

I just downloaded the new version of traktor.

Basically I have 2 CDJ 2000, 2 x 1210 Mk5, DJM 800, EFX 1000,

All using with Traktor Scratch,

I would like to use the 2 CDJs as controllers an maybe a turntable for Accapellas/Samples etc

Please can you help me set this up,

I was thinkin about just connecting the cdjs through USB,

I would like to connect each one an have it controlling one of the decks,

Please cna you help with this and how i would set it up

Regarding using 3 or 4 decks is not a prob just now,

Also how do i use the cdj 2000 to browse tunes etc

Thanx
  20. kinsei

kinsei NI Product Owner

Wow you got all this expensive gear and can't even set it up!

All you should have to do, assuming you wish to use native MIDI control for the 2000s, is plug them in via USB and then choose which deck you wish each CDJ to control.

Then open up the CDJ-2000 PDF diagram located in your datalocation under settings/default settings/pioneer to figure out which mappings are configured by default.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.