TRAKTOR video mixing software?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by djchrislee, Jul 16, 2011.

1. djchrislee

djchrislee Forum Member

I heard a rumour that NI were working on vid software, anyone shed any light on this?
  2. -Yul-

-Yul- NI Product Owner

Yes. May be. No. Possibly. One day...or not.
    You won't get anything more than that I guess.
  3. MixMasterMark

MixMasterMark NI Product Owner

Would be nice. I got 4 projectors in my resident gig i would hookup to. for now I use Arkaos for visual effects. I've played with VDJ is it's a really cool video mixer but IMO not a pro feel when it comes to mixing, effects, loop saving, and stability. If we get video mixing in TSP, I'll be all over it, would even pay extra for it if it helps R&D!;)
  4. derajj.com

derajj.com Forum Member

Yes! Video Mixing for Traktor please!
  5. djtwizta

djtwizta New Member

Yes.... Video Mixing +1
  6. dannybyrne29

dannybyrne29 NI Product Owner

not really interested if its gonna cause issues with TP2... It needs to be standalone add on so it does'nt wreck all the good work getting TS2 stable ish..!
  7. djchrislee

djchrislee Forum Member

i cant see it would be anything other than standalone add on.
  8. speedzone

speedzone Forum Member

Video Mixing + 1
    definitely i support

but already wait for 2 years lol

ok if u really want to video mixing u can using our traktor sound card audo4/6/8/10 + Virtual Dj Software since it support asio sound card
    all u need is vdj software + vdj timecode this is what we currently use since we dont want switch to ssl + sl video and we love out traktor sound card sound that are promising high quality audio

:D :D :D

NI pls develope Video plug in !
  9. djtwizta

djtwizta New Member

i keep both SSL and TSP2 .... :( Virtual DJ sucks....:angry:
    though i really wanna just stick to TSP only....
    SSL for clubs need DJs to play Video...
    TSP for clubs have VJ for video already and i just need to play audio
    this kinda situation bothers me .....:S

NI please ..... :cool:
  10. speedzone

speedzone Forum Member

What u say is true but if like us only stick with tsp but if u really want to play video but not visual (Music Video) then your only choice is virtual dj

:) :) :) ;)
  11. djproben

djproben NI Product Owner

When I looked into this a few years ago there was several third party software available that easily followed MIDI signals from Traktor (or any source)... wouldn't it be better to use such tools from third parties that actually specialize in video? I imagine you could get pretty creative with Traktor and a midi-capable video program; what's the advantage to having that in traktor?
  12. djchrislee

djchrislee Forum Member

this sounds cool, more info please :) :)
  13. djproben

djproben NI Product Owner

14. djchrislee

djchrislee Forum Member

15. derajj.com

derajj.com Forum Member

djproben wrote:
    Try these:

http://www.modul8.ch/
    http://www.arkaos.net/
    http://www.resolume.com/

I think all of these can receive midi clock from Traktor.

Djchrislee, did you get to use any of the 3 Video Mixing Programs with Traktor succesfully.
    I am trying to use my S4, Traktor and any video mixing program to mix music videos.
    Anybody with any info or links, please reply. Thx
  16. derajj.com

derajj.com Forum Member

Native Instruments, give us Video Mixing for Traktor please.
    Even if it is as a plug in.
    Yhis way those users who don't want Video playback need not use it for video and can only use Traktor for audio alone :)

Serato is coming with Serato Video in March 2012.

I have been seriously looking for a good audio program like Traktor to use with a controller and spin music videos.
    I own Traktor S4 and Traktor 2, Numark NS6 and Serato Itch which can be used with my Virtual DJ pro and also have M Audio Xponent and Torq 2.0.

I still like Traktor & S4.
    It is not perfect but IMHO, it is the best of them all so far because of its effects and effects control, Loop recorder, sample decks, almost no sticker drift and it is very good for scratching/turntablist work...etc
    I think Serato and Traktor has the best scratch feel and no sticker drift.

I never went to SSL and Video SL because it did not support any controller.
    Looks like I will move to NS6, Itch and Serato Video in March 2012.
    The main reason I bought the NS6 is because I could use it with with VDJ to play Music Videos, its bigger jog wheels, real dj mixer, strip search etc.

here is some info for those looking for Video mixing solution.

http://serato.com/video

Mix Video with Serato DJ Software, Add video clips to your Scratch Live or ITCH performance.

Serato Video will be a free upgrade for existing Video-SL customers.
    Serato Video will be available to purchase for $US149 in March 2012

I hope Traktor comes with video mixing soon.
    Maybe Virtual DJ 8 will come with better effects control and all the other good things in Traktor 2 that makes it stand out from the rest.
    Virtual DJ is a very good software with a lot good going on but it needs more and the usual DJ software stuff which I hope will be addressed in VDJ8 which should be out soon.
    It is matter of time before Serato and other Dj softwares like Torq, VDJ adds Loop recorder, sample decks, Individual track filter control.
    I am suddenly interested in everything about Serato Itch because of Serato Video !
    So give us Video Mixing for Traktor please :D
  17. Astroboy

Astroboy Forum Member

+1

Ok, I was waiting for traktor video plug in since 3 years,
    I'm Djing with kontrol S4 and Traktor ...
    I'm Vjing with Modul8

I really wanted to mix A/V at the same time with Traktor, but Native Instruments don't care about video even if they talk with GarageCube some years ago ...

So I will buy a NS6 or Xone DX + Itch and swith to Serato.

Bye bye traktor or be very speed on the video plugin release ;)
  18. dannybyrne29

dannybyrne29 NI Product Owner

video mixing must use a hell of a lot of cpu load on your laptop and traktor is already quite cpu intensive .... i think video mixing should be kept seperate from traktor pro 2 itself but the facility for traktor to sync with maybe a video plug in would be my choice... just please keep traktors audio as stable as possible ... i don't care what serato are doing ... let them complicate SSL if they like... just don't wreck TP2 by trying to keep up with the jones..!
  19. Astroboy

Astroboy Forum Member

@Dannybyrne29

Buy a i7 quadcore, put 8Gb ram, and you will have no problem to mix A/V ... believe me ;)
  20. Mystic38

Mystic38 Forum Member

yes, very simplistic solution..

however if NI only sold to customers with PC with that spec then 99% of their business would disappear and they would be out of business.

There are plenty of areas for improvement and enhancement for Traktor in the audio domain without undertaking a complete new scope of development... and tbh, it is only the vocal (very small) minority of folks who want this feature.