1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

user skins for Traktor?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by efast, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efast

efast New Member

i think it will make Traktor more fun to play with, and have more choices for its look
  2. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

-1 not for me, thanks.

Anything that makes the screen easier to read or improves the actual program is fine, but changeable 'eye-candy' won't make Traktor more fun to play with for me. Such pointless frippery will divert resources away from feature implementation and stabilisation of code.
  3. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

If user skins become available NI is basically letting people mess about with the interface in ways that could conceivably affect stability and general functionality. You can imagine what this will do to their support system, which people are already complaining about.

Don't get me wrong, I want to change some stuff around in my Traktor GUI too, but I'm with lethal_pizzle that at least for the time being NI need to focus more on stability first, then catching up with all the function requests, before getting to such a huge change as skins.

How about contracting out skin creation to 3rd parties? That way at least there can be an established standard for quality and stability. I'd gladly pay for a skin if it was guaranteed to work.
  4. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

To clarify - I can see how a configurable user interface is desirable for functional reasons, but wouldn't see the point of being able to pick your favourite team's colours for the interface, for example.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.