1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

1.3.1 - Post Your Impressions Here

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by chilly, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

Let us know how the 1.3.1 update is working for you!

2. CraigKC

CraigKC Forum Member

As a Zero4 owner, I've been waiting for this update for a long time :)

I only have about 20 minutes of testing so far, but so far it's overwhelmingly positive for me since it actually worked handling the Zero4 inputs properly! I'm excited to see if this continues to work through reboots and between sessions but this could possibly be the version of Traktor Scratch I've been waiting almost a year since my TS purchase to actually be able to use the software!

If this works reliably I owe Vangelis in NI US support a gift basket or something... I've been pretty hard on him with my frustrations on the matter recently. I'll post an update here after I actually spend some time in the software and see if it *stays* working!

3. pr0ficient

pr0ficient Forum Member

If I just have Traktor Scratch installed so that I can time code CDs/Vinyl with regular Traktor will it make a difference if I update?

4. Ryan0751

Ryan0751 NI Product Owner

My problem where the timecode (absolute/relative mode icons) weren't showing up until I either recalibrated my decks, or switched to or from full screen mode seemed to go away. Nice!.

5. rodolfow

rodolfow New Member

it deleted all my favorite folder settings....
    even if i just put them all back again and add to collection, analyze, the whole thing, whihc takes a hours...when i clos it, they are lost again....

i didn't change anything on the folders structure before the last version, not even after the update.....

what could be the problem? any ideas?

6. Baddist

Baddist Forum Member

the master volume issue still was not fixed, whether i turn the volume up or down there is no difference in sound turning up or down. if songs are bass heavy the meter clips red and wont turn down no matter what, the limiter does it job by limiting volume but master volume needs work. keep those updates coming NI

7. Alunite2

Alunite2 New Member

I like the update except for the fact now both my cd's say skipping in the calibration box and i cant seem to figure out why. i have tried everything as far as changing latency, uninstalling and reinstalling. everything. yet it still skips. and also the master volume clips. so im not to thrilled about my 650 dollar purchase.

8. RockyD

RockyD NI Product Owner

Oh bugger, I was thinking that was my netbook specs.
    Installed from the cd in the box but did all the updates before I actually tried the software.
    I wonder if I'd get lower latency with the old version then?

If it's of any help, to get mine to run without that CD SKIPPING popping up all the time I've changed the USB to 2ms and the Audio to 12ms (or perhaps it was 16ms).
    I've also go into Task Manager and set the Priority for TS to High or Realtime.

Could it be linked to the Audio 8 driver update (or was that a while ago), I read another forum that said some users have found issues with the volume of the timecode tracks being too loud. I might try burning my own copy with a reduced level. The white level bars to the side of each scratch control signal circle is always right at the top, is that right?

9. djmartain

djmartain Forum Member

Same problem here, strange indeed. The F functions keys show red folder icons and don't work untill I go in my music folder and go manually in one of the music folders that are defined. All of a sudden traktor recognizes my other bookmarked folders too. It's a workaround for now but is very very annoying! And the volume meter isn't fixed either. Please fix this soon NI...

10. rodolfow

rodolfow New Member

yep, you're right....it helps selecting manually the folder, but then i have to open preferences and choose "apply" for this workaround to take effect....really annoying, this update is the worst so far, really buggy to be relased officially, i hope they can fix it real soon. so far i am a bit disappointed with traktor + timecode control and now with this folder problem, even the software is not really making my day any better....

11. Alunite2

Alunite2 New Member

Im sorry but how do you change the latency on the usb? is that in the prefrences of traktor or your actual computer?

12. Rally

Rally New Member

what a joke to release this update, seriously, this is really bad NI.

13. iamscoby

iamscoby NI Product Owner

And you didn't know? NI = Not Interested

This update has really annoyed me. It's the crazy deck behaviour when I go external on one deck that is really doing my head in. Never before now have I had to disable Scratch when switching a channel to Phono on my mixer and throwing on some vinyl (with actual tunes) to stop Traktor from going completely bonkers.... i.e. trying to read the signal as a time code. It may well be coincidence, but I have never had this issue before...

14. RockyD

RockyD NI Product Owner

Preferences > Audio Setup > Sound Card > Control Panel

If you pick "user defined settings" you can alter each dropdown, if you happen to select one of the combinations that matches a preset it will revert to that next time you open that window.

See attached screenshot...

Attached Files:

15. scrambled_egg81

scrambled_egg81 NI Product Owner

I, for one, have finally gotten TS and Traktor 3 working in beeeeautiful harmony, so I won't bother upgrading unless something bizarre or fantastically spectacular pops up.

Glad I could help! :lol:

16. progen

progen NI Product Owner

So no one found the 1.3.1 update to their liking?

17. CraigKC

CraigKC Forum Member

Call v1.3.1 a (first ever) thumbs up from me!

For the last 10 months or so I've been the crankiest person alive and spent 99% of my time bitching at NI and/or Korg for TS not working at all with my Zero4 on the CD/Line inputs for timecode.

Now 1.3.1 and 3.4.1 come out and they finally fixed the issue with my Zero4. I've taken note of some of the others' complains, but haven't experienced them yet in the 6-8 hours I've clocked on the setup this week.

18. supaxcite

supaxcite Forum Member

dont know if anybody else is having this problem but all the songs in the playlist are not showing up it shows in the deck but not in the browser only on scratch, t3 it shows up
    ---
    and also the tracking is always coming up "wrong in mode" when i use control disc no matter how much i switch a8 modes

19. progen

progen NI Product Owner

Native Instruments, any solution(s) to this problem? I know it'll work if I click on Explorer, Music Folder and then open up the root folder where the songs are but why did this problem crop up in the first place?

20. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

in another thread i read that there are confirmed issues with favorite folders in the current update... please report all to the support to raise the pressure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.