10 years of Maschine 5 years of bulls**it

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by plopseaw, Aug 15, 2019.

1. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2019
  2. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

That’s the joke, just relax ;)

3. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

im relaxed mate..just balancing the ying and yang..if someone calls trump supporters or Brexit supporters ..etc just expect banter back but in 99% of websites ive been on they feel its ok to throw rasict remarks around if its aimed at people who voted for Brexit or voted for trump or if your white but others get a free pass .

and as I said next year will be amazing cant wait too get my popcorn ready

• Like Like x 1
  4. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

I’m Dutch so I don’t even have a horse in those races ;) I just observe and poke fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

This is the plot for Matrix 4. Keanuuuuuu!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

really? "liberal tears" in the Maschine forum?

• Like Like x 4
  7. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

8. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

There's a place for everything and everyone, I guess. But this isn't it, dude. We don't do confrontational politics.

We're far too busy confronting Native Instruments here. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

that was my point mate I didn't bring politics into it but I proved my point the second someone sticks up for trump or whatever goes against the liberal facists then they turn it round.

I totally agree its a music website and we should chat about music but I know if I hadn't have pipped in with a comment before this page would have turned into a trump hate central and if they wanna play that then its only fair to pip back.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

Jesus H Christ. Who cares? You sound triggered. Relax.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Yeah, because we know there's "very fine people on both sides" when it comes to NI and it's userbase, but the same can't be said of politics. Oth, I can see at least one employee at NI wanting to corner us and beating the missing song mode out of us.
    Other than that it's bad ju ju trying to politicize NI's music forum.
    ~ Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

please don't use our lords name in vain please..im not triggered but god bless you for caring.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

I believe this is the name of a forthcoming expansion pack esp for tiny hands.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

They don't pull people off the development teams to do marketing.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Stormchild

This is the right answer as far as I'm concerned. I don't see a problem with adding a song mode — as they described it a few years back — for those who want to work exclusively in Maschine, but I don't want all of Logic or Live's arrangement features jammed into Maschine (and I seriously doubt they can ever catch up anyway). For those who do, think carefully about what you're asking for, because:
    • Any feature they add to Maschine has to be accessible with the hardware, or it breaks the primary strength of this platform. If you have to go back to the computer to work on the arrangement, you might as well just use Maschine as a plugin in a more mature DAW — which is why they designed it to be used that way.
    • Any new DAW feature is not going to be as robust as the equivalent feature in Logic/Live/etc. Those features have all been refined over many years. There will be bugs and shortcomings, and it will take years to address them. That work will come at the expense of not improving the core features that make Maschine worth using in the first place.
    • Something is always lost when new features are added to any tool. Simplicity is valuable and worth protecting.
    Having played with Maschine in both Logic and Live recently, I can say it integrates really well (with the exception of not being able to use the transport controls, unless you also want to lose your Erase button). Because I can do everything on the controller, I don't need the plugin window open, which means my entire computer display is available for other things. It's very easy to route groups or sounds into the DAW's mixer, and you can trigger scenes and snapshots with MIDI.

I get that some people would prefer to do everything in Maschine, but I don't think it's a smart move for NI to play catch-up with DAWs that have a 10–20 year head start. Some improvements to song mode would certainly be nice (merely stringing scenes together just isn't that useful), but if you're hoping it can ever totally replace Logic or Live (even for just a subset of the functionality, leaving aside things like Logic's musical score feature), you should definitely not hold your breath.

• Like Like x 2
  16. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

But how does that work now that Maschine isn't a Maschine-hw-only product? You get it with the Kontrol Keyboards too. I think this rule holds Maschine back right now.

I admit I'm probably the weirdest Maschine user ever since I use it a lot software-only - and the most frustrating thing ever is the features that ARE in the software that just aren't available IN the software without hardware. Gaaaaah! The features ARE there. Let me use them!

17. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

You might 'believe' he's your Lord but it's pretty offensive to tell people who obviously don't think so that he's their Lord ...............................and you talk about Fascism..:rolleyes::oops:o_O

• Like Like x 3
  18. Stormchild

The primary controller — Maschine mk3 — has access to pretty much all of the functionality in the software. It's true that you need to rely on your computer for some features if you're using a Mikro or a KKS mk2 (by itself), but if the software ever gains significant features the flagship controller (at least the current generation) can't use, it significantly reduces the value of the platform for at least those of us who bought it specifically for the 1:1 hardware/software synergy.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stormchild

bill_hicks.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

I think most people would be happy with some basic improvements, you know things that have been asked for a long time.... nobody expects a new Live or Logic squeezed into Maschine. Certainly some of these features would benefit you as well, I think ;)

From the feature suggestions subforum:

Performance Recording
    • Live recording of Mutes, Solos, Scene and Pattern changes. (thread)
    • Record a linear pattern or clip that can span across multiple sections.

Arrangement (thread)
    • Adjustable Pattern start.
    • Multiple Patterns per Scene (thread)
    • Adjust Pattern position freely on a linear timeline (span across scenes/sections)
    • Append/merge patterns.
    • Split Patterns.

Automation/modulation
    • Copy/paste/cut/move automation.
    • Copy/Paste for MIDI events should also copy/paste automation (thread)
    • Solo/Mute automation lanes.
    • Line tools for drawing automation. (Possibly also LFO style drawing)
    • Write FX bypass automation (FX on/off automation)
    • Smoother recording of automation when turning knobs, currently it can be choppy.
    • Ability to see automation lanes in hi-res controllers.
    • Visible automation lanes in the upcoming 'song layer'

• Like Like x 5