1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

2.4.6 hotfix released

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Sourthoughts, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Sourthoughts

Sourthoughts New Member

Just saw it on service center, Has anyone checked it out?

should we rollback to 2.4.0 first or is it ok to go from 2.4.5 ?

2. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

You don't have to rollback first. Just download and run the installer from whatever 2.x version you currently have.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Sourthoughts

Sourthoughts New Member

After 2.4.6 fix all my projects are loading properly plus my fabfilter presets and edits are all back and working again.....thank you native!!:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. megaturap

megaturap New Member

downloaded and installed and no problem till now

5. SMosher

SMosher Member

Still that same ugly ass interface?

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  6. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

Whats ugly about it?

7. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

yay i hope the 1 project that got killed by 2.4.5 now works in 2.4.6

8. SMosher

SMosher Member

Have you seen it? The arranger is just hideous.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jonas @ NI

Jonas @ NI EDU NI Team

Please let us know if everything works as expected and please keep this thread strictly on topic.

10. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

So, to be clear, you ONLY want discussion in this thread about the plugins not working in 2.4.5 ?
    Because the "ugly interface" is in this hotfix, but you want the "ugly interface" discussed in the 2.4.5 thread ?

11. Jonas @ NI

Jonas @ NI EDU NI Team

If you are experiencing bugs or issues with the fix you can post them here. If you don't like a new feature or the new interface, please discuss that elsewhere.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. b-righteous

To be clear, this thread should only be used to discuss the fix applied in 2.4.6 for the plugin recall issue. That or if there is some other issue introduced in 2.4.6
    Edit: as Jonas said, any new bug noticed in 2.4.6 can go here.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  13. djenzyme

djenzyme NI Product Owner

Installed 2.4.6 and all projects are working correctly except the one where I deleted a plugin because it wasn't loading correctly. Now I have to try and recreate that sound lol :)

I did notice that an old issue with the Maschine controller is back though. when loading older projects, each group has all pads lit even if there is nothing on the pads. For example I have a group with sounds on the first 2 slots but every slot (pad) is lit as if there are sounds on all of them.

14. dabb

dabb Active Member

Ohmboyz not crashing anymore & FF ProQ loads correct.
    Thanks for the quick fix :thumbsup:

15. Tribam

Tribam New Member

I figure I'd copy and paste the text I submitted in a support ticket just now to Native Instruments regarding the new update just incase anyone can help out here as well....

"Hello, earlier this week I downloaded and installed the Maschine 2.4.5 update, after installation and restarting when I'd launch the Maschine software it'd immediately crash on start up. I tried many different troubleshooting methods with no success. After the update was recalled and 2.4 was made available again, I managed to get the installation files for that update and finally re-setup the Maschine software and get the software to launch, however then the actual Maschine hardware would not respond and only stay lighten up with the Maschine logo and Groove Production Studio screens. I tried updating the firmware and driver via both direct download and through Service Center, but still had no success. Even when launching the Service Center it still shows me the option to update to the most recent Controller Driver but it doesn't seem to make a difference when I DL'd the files from your guys' website. I now tried to update Maschine software to your new hot fix 2.4.6 (in hopes the software and even hardware may be fixed) but now the software is crashing on start up like it was in 2.4.5. I'm not too exactly sure as to what is causing this as I've never had any of these type of issues but any help is appreciated!"

16. b-righteous

@Tribam, two things.
    Do use 2.4.6. The crashing may be due to a corrupt default project or reload last project setting. To eliminate this, try to launch buy locating a different project from the factory library on your HD. This will be inside your Maschine 2 Library folder under projects. Double click it and Maschine should launch with that project file instead. Once it is up, disable the default project and reload last project in preference until you can fix or replace the offending project.

The other issue with the controller is usually due to updating with the controller attached.
    To fix, you will have to unplug the controller and update the driver. Reboot your computer after installing the driver before connecting the controller again.
    You can also launch the 2.4.6 installer manually again from your HD (don't launch from service center) This should give you the option to select the most recent driver for your hardware to install. Tick the driver option then finish installing. Again, reboot before plugging back in.

17. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Installed and running. I just updated from 4.5.0. Luckily I haven't saved any projects under 4.5.0 so I guess I'm good to go.
    Thankyou for quick reaction (3 days... not bad at all).

18. b-righteous

Issue confirmed here. I tried in 2.4 and it seems it has the same bug. If you save a new kit like this it will load fine in the same version. Loading group in a later version causes the issue to appear.

19. Mr. Meoff

Mr. Meoff NI Product Owner

:(

20. Mr. Meoff

Mr. Meoff NI Product Owner

:(