2.8.3 And the future of Maschine???

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by D-One, Jun 20, 2019.

1. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Depends on the arranger. If they can improve that, then somehow enable us to use Komplete in standalone would be cool.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Glad to see a thread like this. D-One made it great again!
    Not sure what the wizards (devs) are going to create. Did we have this ammount of requests for standalone and/or tablet environment?
    If there is a delay on song layer/performance recording, just don‘t forget warping then. :D
    I‘ll be patient these times.... ;)

4. kaotik78

kaotik78 NI Product Owner

I’d we don’t hear from D-One after a few days we can assume he has been assimilated for sharing his discovery... lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

My bottom has been pestering me all day. It's still trying to play amateur detective and thinks it's joined up the dots. It thinks yes there is a new product and that it requires wi fi because it offers a cloud based solution ...... a Maschine Cloud if you like thus allowing for a sort of stand alone mode capability because all the processing would be done over wifi .. far fetched...mmnn ...my bottom thinks so...............................

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

We know

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Clearly NI is doing some sort of rogue/guerilla marketing

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

:):)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. jbuonacc

jbuonacc NI Product Owner

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

I saw that too. I wonder if it could have something to do with advertisements?
    "NativeOS is a programmatic service for real native ads using computer vision to help advertisers and publishers to increase ads effectiveness"

11. tempsperdu

I'm not saying that sounds very disturbing but head for the hills chaps...it might be safe there........................................................

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Well I'm usually way off. I just copied that from off the search page, and I really don't think that's it. I'd like to think it's more of a custom OS for a standalone machine.

13. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Here I come to burst some bubbles. I know the assumption here is that Native Instruments must be working on an OS or piece of firmware called 'NativeOS', but that's very unlikely.

I'm 99% sure that in this scenario, 'NativeOS' in the Lua script, more specifically 'isNativeOS' is for displaying the operating system running on the computer you have the controller connected to.

ScreenButton:setEnabled(true)
    ScreenButton:setVisible(true)
    ScreenButton:setText(IsNativeOS and "CONTROLLER" or "STANDALONE")​

This should give you an output on the display similar to this: 'WINDOWS CONTROLLER' or 'MACOS CONTROLLER'.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

So, basically it is a stand-alone MPC X when disconnected from your computer (running NativeOS) and a fully fledged Maschine when connected.
    Probably the successor of Maschine Studio. The future MK4 will likely stay connected only. So they can easily distinguish between the product lines. Studio MK2, MK4, Mikro MK4.

15. HammyHavoc

No. 'IsNativeOS' in this scenario is almost certainly referring to the OS your computer is running. Nothing is confirmed at this point, as Kai said, it's research.

• Like Like x 3
  16. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Could be. But the purpose of this machine (or very advanced research) is, to be switchable between the classical Maschine Controller and a stand-alone device running without a computer.

I don’t think it would be impossible to see something this year. Maybe even with Maschine 3.0.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. HammyHavoc

Whilst I'm not saying it's impossible, it would be nice to have more options, but I think it's very unlikely. I expect to see a lot of software improvements happen before any kind of new hardware is shown off.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tempsperdu

If they can't get Maschine developed into a state that most long term users would consider acceptable after all these eons of time I would think the chances of them developing a stand alone controller are not perhaps totally good......................................

• Like Like x 3
  19. Sonicbaz

Sonicbaz New Member

I'm all for a new stand alone device, but I'm my humble opinion my mk3 combined with i7 hexacore 16GB mbp is amazingly portable and very powerful. I wouldn't be prepared to sacrifice that power for more portability.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Masch1ne

Masch1ne NI Product Owner

As D-one mentioned the stand alone market is a niche market and the controllers are generally quite expensive.

If NI thinks I'm giving them anymore of my money without a decent Maschine software update they are trippin'

• Like Like x 1