2.8.3 And the future of Maschine???

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by D-One, Jun 20, 2019.

1. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

See you at the next Maschine release on here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. skinswashdc

As for the future. I think it will be enough to where if you wanna finish your tracks in Maschine NI will give you the tools necessary. A powerful songwriting tool is how I look it. As for now I use it for what it can do, instead forcing it to what it can’t do.

• Like Like x 3
  3. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Lol I'm sure its days away 2.8.4 bug fix :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Problems with maschine and other companies they don't want to play nice with Daws. They will never be like reason 10.. i think maschine should stay as a development tool and play well in the box with DAW for a complete song approach

5. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

What are you even talking about? The industry as a whole is inching towards standards like ARA at a rate of knots. ARA2 support was added to Cubase/Nuendo, after it had been available in Studio One and Reaper for a while, Vocalign now supports ARA. The expected usage scenario of Maschine is in a DAW, there's extensive documentation and partnerships for integration of Maschine and KK with DAWs on top of MCU. NI just added MCU to KKMK2, might have taken a lot longer than expected, but I think it's abundantly clear that the future is a collaborative one rather than a self-segregating one. This industry is not a big one. Expect more collaborations, partnerships, integrations, APIs and open source as time goes by with audio.

• Like Like x 3
  6. skinswashdc

Right. ARA 2 is where it’s at. Developed by Presonus and Celemony.

• Like Like x 2
  7. HammyHavoc

I'd be very surprised if we didn't see NI adopt it in some small form to begin with before seeing it incorporated into anything major, though I've heard from a few fellow devs that it isn't that complex to add support for it. Maschine with ARA would be really interesting, I'd say that's an inevitability, but doesn't seem tangible yet. Melodyne works beautifully via ARA in Reaper, few teething issues on release, but were sorted fast. Will be trying out Vocalign's ARA integration over the weekend, pretty excited about it as Vocalign gets a lot of use over here.

8. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I do hope that's the case. It's certainly far better for the end user that way.

• Like Like x 3
  9. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I wish they did, ARA is very interesting and I love Melodyne... However, NI tends to like to develop their own stuff rather than paying for licensing :S So they might reinvent the wheel on this one when the time comes.

10. HammyHavoc

To my knowledge, though I'm not sure if this remains true in 2019, the SDK is free and there are no licensing fee for plugins that utilize ARA, but Celemony must test and approve the plugin prior to publishing, and you're also then free to utilize the name/brand in your marketing. Makes sense; it's a relatively new extension (compared to VST going to 1996).

Now, integration of ARA into a host isn't something I know anything about, but adopting ARA as a standard and as a platform to tightly integrate Celemony's Melodyne, I'm willing to make an educated guess that's it's likely free, because then the user base of another DAW will be buying into Melodyne for the tight integration of what might be one of the best tools available. Gets daily use over here.

Why there hasn't been more software utilizing ARA, I'm not so sure, but I'll assume it's because ARA2 only just became available in January, and not every major DAW supported it, but Cubase/Nuendo just announced support for it. It's looking a lot like that's the future considering Reaper, Logic, Studio One, Cakewalk and Samplitude also support it. I think if Ableton Live adds support then it'll probably see more interest from plugin developers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. skinswashdc

ARA 2 is really getting pushed. Since Celemony/Presonus Software developed ARA 2, Studio One's chord track is supposed to have some kind of deep integration with Melodyne in the future. I didn't know how important Melodyne Studio would be in my set-up. Use for vocals, sampling. It's nice hitting control M and melodyne opening up docked in studio one (no messy windows) and I can change the key of any instrument and all that jazz etc. Melodyne pretty much is built in Studio One. Don't know if ARA 2 fits what NI wants. Would be a nice addition.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

Cubase integrated ara2 in their recent upgrade. This is a nice feature!

13. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

The potential use of ARA as a way to get deeper Maschine integration is definitely an interesting one.

Not sure if the concept would work, but having "Maschine channels" in your DAW, where if you double click on the content - Maschine was opened for editing that specific part? I would LOVE it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

The question is... Is there sequencer support in ARA because it only seems to support audio tracks. Of course it could be used to bounce down audio afterwards but not sure if midi notes is supported with ARA in terms of intigration with the DAW.

15. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

This is indeed a good question. How could ara work with sequencing? Have you got examples?

16. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

The midi notes would just end up in the DAW once you are done. Don't see any ARA software that does that. Bouncing to audio afterwards (which can be done) is still useful.

17. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

If it was visible as audio in, for example, Studio One - but when edited entered Maschines editing tools for what ever the channel is - it would still be great.

18. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

When conversation gets objective...certifiedbeatz leaves the building.

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. skoolafish

skoolafish NI Product Owner

sorry im a bit late chiming...and if this has been addressed

with the mpc live, when you have external storage installed on the hw and you put it in controller mode, the external pieces (be it sd card, usb, or hard drive) pop up and behave as externals on your computer. we all know that best practice is to properly eject such things before physically removing them

just saying...if this all becomes real...it would be a very convenient feature to be able to do this from the hardware instead of in windows. it would also be a pretty cool one-up over the mpc. i hate having to eject hard drives with the mouse instead of just yanking them out. or just be able to power the box down without consulting the computer first

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  20. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

On Macs, the external hard drive will always appear on the desktop. Apple makes it easy for you to eject it by allowing you to drag the drive over to the recycle bin. Also, on both the MPC Live/X and Akai Force there is a large warning on the screen to properly eject the drive because you are about to go back to standalone mode. If I'm not mistaken, the same screen appears on the MPC software as well when it knows you have one of those devices connected. So there are many warnings to eject the hard drive.