Solved 2.8.3 - AU Plugins not working correctly.

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by colonyrecords, Jun 23, 2019.

1. colonyrecords

colonyrecords NI Product Owner

Any plugins with their own internal sequencer are no longer working in Maschine since 2.8.3. Examples are, Melodyne, ample sound guitar riffer etc.. When I press play they don't start their internal sequencers inside Maschine. This has broken many projects for me. It is like they no longer follow maschines transport start message. How do I revert to the previous version of Maschine?

2. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Win or OSX

René

3. colonyrecords

Mac OS 10.14.5 Mojave

4. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Which is kind of strange because I think it started happening to me after the update. I just started using my equipment again trying to refresh my memory on how to use it. I was doing pretty good until the update, but now I noticed a couple of issues. I have a template that I use every time in S1, so I know it should work every time I load them.

I'm trying to play with my workflow, so I don't know if it's just because I'm trying different things. I'm about to fire it up again today to check it. I think I had to disable/enable the plugin for it to be recognized. Otherwise all midi communication seems to have stopped between the plugins. At least for me it is. I usually route the midi through maschine into S1 to control other plugins. I'm thinking it could be because I am using a template. I will look into it more today.

5. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey colonyrecords,
    please file a bug report. Our customer support can help you to revert if needed. It would also be helpful if you could provide a sample project there or more detailed reproduction steps. This would make it easier for us to investigate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Toby @ NI

Toby @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey colonyrecords,

I am looking into this issue right now and it would be really helpful if you could let me know which version you were using in the past where the plugins you listed were working for you. Thanks!

Toby

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. IndividualNumbers

IndividualNumbers New Member

Hi there,

I think I’m having the same issue here. After the latest update, Maschine doesn’t seem to communicate correctly with au plugins. For instance, LFOTool by Xfer isn’t running during playback (which it should). Another example is the multi tap delay by waves; in this case, the plugin doesn’t receive tempo changes from Maschine (normally it would adapt to the tempo if you change the bpm in Maschine).

What’s interesting is that this really only seems to affect au Plugins. Both LFOTool and the delay work as expected when I load the vst version of them.

I’m on MacOS Mojave, latest version.

Hope this helps to identify the problem.

Best

8. bilposey

bilposey NI Product Owner

Editing arp function on the M32 will crashes my set and looperator kind of like crashes

9. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Seems like an AU specific issue. Some more detail:
    Xfer's LFO Tool doesn't show up for me as an AU, the VST2 works though.
    Waves Super Tap works correctly in VST2. (I dont have the AU version installed to test)
    Melodyne only shows up as AU, doesn't work...(the AU worked before) As for the VST2 Maschine does not detect it but neither does Ableton or Cubase so it might be on their end as far as the VST2 problem goes.

Mojave 10.14.5 - Maschine 2.8.3 - all plugins are also the latest versions.

As for other unrelated bugs, (bilposey and Slappz) I suggest opening your own separate threads.

10. colonyrecords

Not sure if it was a bug report but I submitted it on your support forum (not this one). It happens with all projects, new and old. Also happens when maschine runs as a plug-in in logic. I thought logics clock would correct this issue but it didn’t.

11. colonyrecords

The version prior to 2.8.3, 2.8.2. The only changes on my Mac were 2.8.3 and a security update from apple for osx 10.14.5.

12. Toby @ NI

Hi colonyrecords,

Are you seeing this bug in standalone or when you are using Maschine as a plugin inside of Logic?

Thanks,

Toby

13. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

D-One I'm not sure I need to post anything yet. I also updated SO1 at the same time, but I wasn't using it at first. When I setup my new system I was trying out Maschine as a standalone. There may be a problem, but it could be me or SO1. I will have to investigate further before posting. Thanks for letting us know, I saw you other post on bug reporting.

• Like Like x 1
  14. colonyrecords

In both.

15. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

Same issue here with Melodyne as an AU, OSX, Standalone. Had the same issue in beta also, but thought it was a Melodyne issue at first.

16. Toby @ NI

Hey guys,

The reason I wasn't able to replicate it is because I was using VSTs with internal sequencers, when I switched to AUs the bug was immediately reproducible. We have logged this and we will get to work on it immediately, in the meantime try using the VST version of the plugin you are trying to host in Maschine, it seems to work for me, and you should be able to do that in Logic as well. Please let me know if that works for you.

I'm sorry that this bug slipped through into the release and I just want to reassure you guys that we are looking into it now and we will release as fix for it as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Toby

• Like Like x 2
  17. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

For me, that is a valid quick fix for new projects only.

My old projects are practically unusable now and it would take far too much work to change plugins when I also have to replicate all settings.

18. Toby @ NI

Hey goridread,

I hear you, and don't worry, we will fix this and release an update soon.

Thanks,

Toby

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  19. Bagoftrix

Bagoftrix NI Product Owner

I made a topic about the plugin Halftime, which indeed has an internal sequencer and i used the AU.
    I always wondered what the pro's and cons of VST vs AU are in general... i kinda figured AU would work better on a mac,
    but things like this make me question that.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  20. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

AU won't work better in mac just because it's built for Logic, currently, it's actually the opposite, AU doesn't support MIDI out from plugins for example... or at least NI doesn't use the version of AU that does. (Like VST it has more than 1 version)

Use AU only if you're a Logic guy, if not go VST, it's more widely accepted.