2.8.4 New feature

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by adic27, Aug 8, 2019.

1. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

• Recording patterns in MASCHINE without pre-defining their length - You will be able to just play and record - the pattern length will automatically extend until you stop recording. (This will be an additional recording mode. The currently existing functionality and workflows will remain) Audio
    Anyone no if there's a demonstration of this somewhere on the internet? Wanna see if it's what I think it is. Hope so. Got a feeling I'll be disappointed like the half-assed "time at stretch" they gave us. Still grateful for it :)

2. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Probably not since this is listed in the "Further on down the line" Column. But not quite sure how they could "Half-Ass this, either it will work or it wont...:p

Peace,

Blindeddie

3. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

O I thought it was gonna be in the 2.8.4 release. Oh well...

4. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Kinda curious as to how you think there might be a demo on the web of something that is at least one if not more releases down the line........................

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

In the OPs defense...see his reply right above yours...:p

6. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Yeah but 2.8.4 was available and so OP could have downloaded it to try it ..............

7. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

I hadn't messed with Maschine or been on the forum in a while and when Saw the mention of that feature then saw the update available I just assumed, that's all. Of course, I updated and tried it first. Even checked youtube for reviews on the update.................

8. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

• Like Like x 2
  9. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

Geez ... you had me going then.

I was about to shout hallelujah and do a jig around the room, and then..... bummer

This feature has been requested from version 1.0 of Maschine, it was requested even before i discovered it on iMaschine.
    Why its taking so long to impliment is anyone's guess.

This feature would clearly be a game changer, on a par with Live's midi Capture mode. No more setting bmp's and metronomes
    before laying down a good idea. I really hope this get's implemented soon, maybe for Maschine v 9.0 before autumn / xmas sales?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  10. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2