2018 and yet again NO Guitar Rig update

Discussion in 'GUITAR RIG' started by tubeaudiogear, Sep 7, 2018.

1. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

What update are you talking about?

2. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

3. jackn2mpu

4. ZeroEmpire

ZeroEmpire NI Product Owner

I was referring to software updates in general. Not specifically Guitar Rig.

5. jackn2mpu

Thing is people are talking specifically about GR5 and updates. A lot of us were expecting to see a GR6 update but hasn't happened. I believe Guitar Rig has become abandonware as far as NI is concerned.

6. ZeroEmpire

ZeroEmpire NI Product Owner

Understood.

In the post I was responding to the gentleman mentioned that there hadn't been any updates in awhile but that Guitar Rig was stable.

I see now that I was a little late in responding to that particular post. Sorry for any confusion.

I myself would love to see a Guitar Rig 6 just like many others, but he asking if he should use it as is.

7. jackn2mpu

Thanks for the clarification as it wasn't clear who if anyone you were responding to.

Agreed Guitar Rig is tired at best. I just hope NI doesn't go the route they did with Kontakt and take functionality away or even like IKMM did with Amplitube 4. What would I like to see in a Guitar Rig update?

How about some new amp models. No one does a Magnatone amp. Also would like to see Ampeg amps other than a B15 or SVT - they do exist you know but nobody models them. Or how about some decent Marshall models? The ones IKMM does suck to put it mildly. Marshall Major? Nice but no one does it.

8. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

GR is completely outdated, when comparing it with the competition and NI have to do a lot to release a new GR, that can compete with the competition. So I expect GR to be a dead product, which will not be upgraded to a new version.

I use BIAS & BIAS FX now and can‘t complain, especially considering the current discount prices. The PG stuff is not perfect, but good enough for a nice mix ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. jackn2mpu

If it gets your mix to where you want it without having to jump through hoops that's the tool to use. Brand loyalty is one thing but when that loyalty stands in the way of your music then it's time to say goodbye to the old stuff.,

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

Absolutely ... and that's definitely the case with GR, which is years behind, what the competition has to offer and I mean not only the BIAS stuff.

11. Badgie42

Badgie42 New Member

I have has Komplete for a couple of years now and have updated to 12 (Standard). I've started using Guitar Rig and it does some things OK and other things badly. It's disappointing overall. I'm glad I didn't buy it specifically. My Boss GT-001 is better at pretty much everything. I had hoped to use GR instead of re-amping thru the Boss. I can occasionally but more often I re-amp and sometimes tweak the sound using Reaper's built-in fx.

And, of course, the whole of Komplete needs updating for scaleable UI... STILL!

12. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

Agreed on GR comments here. It's outdated and competition has paced the product. But I still use it a lot because its convenient and handy.

Also, in my workflow i intentionally use and mix multiple guitar tools that way it gives it a little more character. So I do intentionally mix GR with BOSS CMOS and BIAS -- it just gives it more character IMO.

13. wblackledg

wblackledg NI Product Owner

Into 2Q 2019.
    No new Guitar Rig, No modeling Guitar Software.
    However, if you order today you can still buy a Kontrol with black keys...:p:rolleyes::p

14. Dillon Fontaine

Dillon Fontaine NI Product Owner

This is just my opinion... but I don’t think there will be a guitar rig 6. I think NI is going to move towards VST plug-ins and Komplete Kontrol presets that more or less replace guitar rig. I bet they update KK so that you can insert it as an FX plugin and not just in instrument plugin. Probably just add presets for KK that take the place of guitar rig presets. If they convert all the guitar rig components to vst, perhaps they could even make guitar rig presets work with KK (last part might be a bit iffy.

I think they already layed the groundwork for this by implementing vst support into KK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

But still no MCU.

16. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

I think so too. NI don‘t seem to be interested in supporting guitarists and bassists.

Single effect plugins are likely, like the delay they already released, but not more. The competition is too far ahead for a new amp sim by NI and single effects can be used for any instrument.

17. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

Who do you think are at the top of the amp sim game?

18. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

I don‘t know ... opinions vary on this amongst guitarists. I can only tell, that I‘m satisfied with BIAS FX, which I use on iPad for jamming and composing and on Mac for recording.

• Like Like x 1
  19. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

For me, Kazrog is the best sounding.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Crazylynton

Crazylynton NI Product Owner

It's been over 10 years since GR3 and other sims fooled a bunch of experts, 70% of the time in a double-blind test. Are the old vintage amps improving and so NI has to respond?

I continue to be blown away by GR5. Just this evening, I installed it on a "Fusion5" W10 tablet (4g RAM, 64g storage).
    I didn't expect it to be up to the job but it works like a champ.
    All this on a GB£180 tablet!!!!

Rig Kontrol doesn't work on W10 so I am gonna grab a Focusrite 2i2 2nd gen. Latency is reported to be very low with that device.

My entire rig on a 10" tablet...no dongle required...and all you guys can do is cry because you have GAS.

I LOVE GR5!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1