9 expansions for $99 deal - what if you already own a couple of the expansions??

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by jive01, Mar 5, 2019.

1. jive01

jive01 NI Product Owner

Just curious, I already own 2 out of the 9 expansions in one of the bundles. Is this amount subtracted from my total? I can't imagine that this wan't considered.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Crazy Lou

Crazy Lou NI Product Owner

I was thinking the same. They need to make at least 9 variations of the same packs so that it won’t duplicate with what you might already have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Crazy Lou

Better yet it should let you select your own 9. They will sell it quicker to those that have some but not all.

4. RoC1909

RoC1909 New Member

Similar to others, I have 3 of these packs already. NI definitely needs to allow individuals the ability to pick any 9. This deal is great for people who are starting out or those that are not into buying expansions, but not so great for those who already have more than a few expansion packs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JayGray

JayGray New Member

....then you still pay $99, and still get a handful of expansions at a deep discount.

Or, you know, this isn't the deal for *you*.

Because every deal isn't created to cater to every possible customer's extremely specific desires.

So if you own, say, 4, you get 5 more expansions at $20 a pop.

If you're whining about that, you're not a customer worth targeting to begin with.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

I'm thinking of taking this deal, and I only own 2 of them so it's ok for me. Is it possible to trade these two with others though somehow, or are they all bundled as one?

7. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

They are not bundled as one, you will get the separate plugins in your account. So that means you will also be able to sell/trade the ones you have twice

• Like Like x 1
  8. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

This special offer is valid from March 4, 2019 until March 13, 2019, at the NI Online Shop. The Expansions in this offer are not negotiable. Savings described here are calculated on the basis of suggested retail prices (MSRP). Please note that according to our terms and conditions, e-vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with special offers.

René

9. LEGENDARYFINS

LEGENDARYFINS NI Product Owner

That's one thing I love about Universal Audio. They do bundle deals and work with you if you already own some of the plugins by giving you an alternative.

10. René must be Unique

11. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

really?..

You can buy nine $49 expansions for $99 as a great deal and you think that getting a $98 discount for the two you already own is fair?..

How about simply doing the math that you are getting seven expansions for $99?.. its still only $14 per pack..lol

This math works even if you own 3, 4, or 5 packs

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Deafkon

Deafkon NI Product Owner

Wrong. Mix and match would be hugely beneficial to those like me who own more than half of what is offered in the packs. Some of us have spent tens of thousands over the years and like a good deal, too. Who are you to say who is worth targeting or not?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Crazy Lou

It’s up to NI if they want to sell their products at a discount or not. It’s up to NI if they want to only make two bundles of sound packs. It’s up to NI if the wanted to listen to the customer and make more bundles.

In other words. Do not shoot down the customers if they would like something different. We don’t blame NI, we just trying to barter with them to see if they can make a change.

Some people wake up and take their negativity pill and that’s all she wrote for the rest of the day. I’m sure NI can handle it. We don’t need someone not associated with the company telling us that they should not do business with us because we like a little variation available.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Deafkon

Deafkon NI Product Owner

I should also point out that I own 17 of the 19 packs. Nothing wrong with wanting to get in on the savings.

Also If Rene reads this, I have a voucher in my user account but when I go to use it it says already been redeemed.

15. JayGray

JayGray New Member

Wrong? Nice assertion, but nowhere did you explain what it was I was wrong about. In fact, it's a non sequitur, as none of what you said logically follows as a response to what I said.

Did I say that a mix and match deal would not be beneficial to some people? Nope.

Further, how much money you've spent and whether or not you like a good deal is immaterial to my point.

Try again.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  16. René must be Unique

If you are sure that the voucher is younger than 6 months and you have not used it for a purchase yet, I would contact NI.

René

17. Carmamir

Carmamir New Member

Yeap, it is a great deal.

18. Seedy eyes

Seedy eyes NI Product Owner

Seems to me that the way the 9 Expansion packs are put together, they have about 7-8 that are not great sellers and they add 1 thats selling better. In my opinion NI has the best products but they are not so kind to their current users much. Feels like everything they do if for more users and then they never up their customers service game.

19. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

That's every music company in the world. The whole point of discounts is getting new customers, not pleasing the already happy buying ones that own a ton of products.

Complaining about discounts when they don't apply directly to our individual needs because we already own a ton of similar products (expansions) is super weird to me, and I am usually super critical.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

Jeez, it's very easy to sell the doubles you know...