1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

A little advice please!

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by Untaken, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Untaken

Untaken New Member

Hi there,

Just looking for some advice from some other Traktor users with regards to setting up in a club.

Been booked for my first club night and I use Traktor Scratch Pro with two Technic 1210's and timecode vinyl's. I've played a couple times at parties etc on CDJ's where we have been staying on the same set up all night so it hasn't been a problem.

On this club night I'm aware the club has two CDJ-2000's and that the DJ after me is going to be using CD's. I'm basically after some opinions on what way people would go about setting up, e.g. using my A6 into the mixer or trying the USB route with the CDJ's aggregated. Just want to achieve a seamless transition between the two!

Any info or help would be really appreciated!

Cheers!

2. djivobutnot

djivobutnot NI Product Owner

For me, the easiest way is to go to Advanced HID mode - all you need is two USB cables, everything else is already connected, you don't have to bother with audio cables, sound cards, etc.
    I prefer good old Technics too, but unfortunately they are rarely found in most of the clubs these days... I travel a lot, and since they introduced Advanced HID mode, I am always using it, when there are not any real turntables present.

p.s. I really hate Pioneer, but I admire their turn in the right direction integrating "industry standart" cd players with our beloved Traktor

3. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

HID is more seamless than timecode unless you have digital RCA cables between then CDJs and the mixer (rare).

Whether you use the CDJ sound cards or the A6 is up to you. The A6 is less hassle software-wise but more hardware-wise.

4. Untaken

Untaken New Member

Thanks for you replys !

Just a quick one, with the HID mode, if the two CDJ's are aggregated as one sound card, if I unplug the one deck from my laptop so the next DJ can use CD's will the whole thing on Traktor stop running?

5. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

No need to unplug from your laptop. Just press DISC on the CDJ and it will switch back to CD mode.

Unplugging the laptop should only be done once your own set is completely finished (not during the changeover).