1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

About Certified mixers

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by Dj_Silver0, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dj_Silver0

Dj_Silver0 New Member

I want to know if the mixers that are certified as compatible with Traktor Dj scratch require to use and audio interface
    or they could do it by themselves with the turntables, (in other words, are they sending the timecoded signal directly to the pc an back or they need and interface for that?).

This mixers are mentioned here

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=tscratchcertified_us

2. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

As far as I understand it, all Scratch Certified products use their built-in sound cards for vinyl emulation. That's why the Scratch Upgrade package *does not* include the A8DJ.

3. Dj_Silver0

Dj_Silver0 New Member

And could you tell why if you look at the time coded setup graphic that is displayed on the previous URL, you can see and interface sitting between the pc and the mixer?

4. AudioRapture

Unless they actually try an unconventional visualization to make sure people understand that there is, in fact, a sound card involved (the one inside the Scratch Certified equipment) - beats me.

From http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=traktorcontrol_us:
    "[Scratch Certified mixers] allow direct hook-up with a computer, without the need for an AUDIO 8 DJ"

5. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

it's a simple mistake in the picture.

6. beta247

beta247 NI Product Owner

i wouldn't bank on them doing dvs. if they do that would be great, but i'm thinking they're only going to be traktor scratch software certified, not vinyl emulation compatable. me thinks for that you'll still need the audio8......oh i hope they prove me wrong...please prove me wrong.......

7. DJ Freshfluke

proven wrong.

8. Dj_Silver0

Dj_Silver0 New Member

Are you sure? I'm going to sell my edirol fa-101 and take one of this mixers if this is true.
    I need a confirmation from someone at NI.

9. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

The Korg and Mackie mixers that are currently Traktor Scratch certified also act as firewire soundcards. Take a quick look at the links below... these mixers are quite impressive pieces of hardware. There will be no need for the A8 using these mixers and that is why the NI Traktor Scratch upgrade kit only includes 2 control vinyl records, 2 control CDs, DJ TRAKTOR SCRATCH software based on TRAKTOR 3 and a manual... The price for this is $399.99 US... :(

Korg Zero 4 mixer:
    http://www.korg.com/gear/prod_info.asp?a_prod_no=Zero4&category_id=2

Korg Zero 8 mixer:
    http://www.korg.com/gear/prod_info.asp?a_prod_no=Zero8&category_id=2

Mackie D.2Pro:
    http://www.mackie.com/products/d2pro/

Mackie D.4Pro:
    http://www.mackie.com/products/d4pro/

10. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

How about the new Ecler Evo 5, it looks perfect to be in the list?

11. DJ Freshfluke

FSuser sums it up correctly.

all certified mixers must meet the following things:

must be completely usable with TS, this means:

- send/ return effects possible
    - use of control signal possible
    - at least 4 Ins/ 4 Outs
    - latency tests successful (i dont have values yet)
    - long time tests successful (i dont have values yet)

the respective companies have to do some marketing cooperations, like putting the certified sticker on the package, ads etc.

only products from another price segment get certified - the reason is obvious: NI doesnt want to cannibalize its own market. this explains also clearly why the SA2 will never be supported again - it's a direct competitor.

it's only NIs decision, which mixers get certified - it's not possible as company to decide a certification by yourself.

i hope this answers a few questions! :)

12. buenputter

buenputter NI Product Owner

(Deleted by myself)

13. Dj_Silver0

Dj_Silver0 New Member

Ok i see it now, another question, are these mixers using ASIO drivers or it's and specific connection between Traktor and the mixers?

14. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

Seems to me you might as well go ahead and purchase the Traktor Scratch system with the A8 during the crossgrade offer given the cost of the Traktor upgrade kit.

At least you could sell the A8 and put it towards the cost of the mixer...

This is the illogical upgrade path I have spoken of...

Traktor Scratch upgrade kit for certified mixers $399 Without A8.

Traktor Scratch Crossgrade offer $449 with A8.

Traktor Scratch Full Retail price $599.

15. Dj_Silver0

Dj_Silver0 New Member

i'm not planning to purchase traktor scratch i want to use them with djdecks if they work with asio, and sell my edirol fa-101 audio interface (the one i use with djdecks) to buy the mixer.

16. AudioRapture

And why the bloody hell do you need confirmation from *NI*, then? Go ask the mixer manufacturer! ::shakes head::

17. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

This is the overall reaction I have seen... It's not our problem go take it somewhere else for the answer.
    Beyond the smoke and mirror game play this is what will ultimately make people upset.

18. AudioRapture

::eats troll-bait::

Right. Because both the mixer and djdecks are NI products... Oh wait! There's an NI sticker on the mixer box! They *have* to support *all* aspects of it!

::removes himself from this thread::

19. Dj_Silver0

Dj_Silver0 New Member

Because if it does not work with djdecks i'll go for traktor scratch, I'm only keeping my ass, don't get angry with me :S

20. DJ Freshfluke

okok, but indeed you should ask this the manufactors of the respective mixers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.