Absynth 5 Crashes on Startup (standalone and in DAW)

Discussion in 'ABSYNTH' started by AJ Walden, Jun 7, 2014.

1. AJ Walden

AJ Walden New Member

Every other plug-in from Komplete 9 Ultimate works perfectly fine, but for some reason Absynth 5 will not work at all. The standalone version will not load, and neither the 32-bit nor the 64-bit will load in FL Studio 11.
    For the standalone, it will act like it is going to open up the program, but nothing happens.
    For the 32-bit, FL Studio just opens up a sampler, but I can't do anything with it.
    For the 64-bit, FL Studio completely crashes.
    I have the most recent versions of FL Studio 11 and Absynth 5.
    I tried contacting support, but none of their proposed solutions worked. If anyone else has experienced this issue with Absynth 5 or other KU9 plug-ins, let me know how you dealt with it.

2. swaddo84

swaddo84 New Member

I am experiencing this same problem. Not loading in standalone and crashing Ableton and cubase instantly.

Absynth 5 is part of my komplete bundle. Is there anyway to reinstall absynth 5 without having to reinstall komplete?

3. karajan

karajan New Member

Hello there! I've just seen your post now. Still, I'm gonna post the solution I found to this problem (I was experiencing myself).
    1- Go into your Applications folder then Native Instrument / Absynth 5
    2- Right click on "Absynth 5" and select "Show package contents"
    3- Go into "Contents" then "Mac OS"
    4- Lauch the Terminal (Apps -> Utilities -> Terminal)
    5- Write the following line in your Terminal window: chmod u+x (be carreful to respect one space after the x) and drag the "Absynth 5" file you found in the package contents.
    6- Press Return

It worked like a charm on mine.
    Good luck!
    Will

4. urbanauthentic

urbanauthentic New Member

Hello,

I'm having this issue with Absynth but it's on windows 10. I click to open in standalone mode and nothing happens. I've tried to open in VEpro 6 & 7 and it fails to validate. If anyone has a solution it would be very helpful.

5. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

upload_2019-5-17_16-17-47.png
    It opens in win7pro

6. urbanauthentic

urbanauthentic New Member

Thanks, after a bunch of testing I've decided to wipe the drive clean and reinstall Windows 10
    along with all of the NI software.