Add VST support and Maschine decks.

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Zyklon.T, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Zyklon.T

Zyklon.T New Member

These are two big features that have been requested for many years.
    Since Traktor is getting some serious traction the past year it seems
    like a good idea to try to remind the dev team about these features again.
    And yes, I know VST support can cause potential instability. But this
    could still be implemented well with a trusted dev system etc. I want
    to be able to use SoundToys and Eventide plugins for instance.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Alexmci

Alexmci NI Product Owner

I would love to have a VST version of a Tractor deck with the loop controls.
    Opening 6 Track decks all looping inside Maschine or Ableton would be tremendous.

3. Zyklon.T

Zyklon.T New Member

That sounds great as well. Personally I would like to use a send return inside Traktor
    where we can put VST plugins. We can send decks to the send/return aux and have
    unlimited possibilities. Or simply adding a VST to one of the four FX units and have it
    like native Traktor effect. It would be the next level for Traktor after all these years.

4. laszlozoltan

laszlozoltan NI Product Owner

it would be great to have traktor as a vst- one could record and merge events and edit them to correct or fix deviations and experiments that failed while retaining the original construct or idea. right now I feel confined to importing recorded audio loops into ableton and that drains the fun. I find I have a short window of creativity, a few hours at night maybe. It would be nice to have a framework to try to pick up where I left off- it seems a shame to have a collection of starts and no contending finishes.

5. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats Guest

Id rather not have Maschine decks. Link is way more then good enough and to me it feels like they should run on two different computers to handle it nicely especially regarding sound card issues and routing the audio out of Traktor. It just gets too fussy and too many channels to deal with especially if you are doing gigs out live.

6. AndriusDK

AndriusDK NI Product Owner

Using A&H Xone 4D to use Traktor, Maschine and Ableton at the same time with no issues or fuss on the same laptop.

7. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats Guest

not everyone has a A&H Xone 4D or your laptop so thats no bench mark

8. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

VST would be awesome. I really enjoy turntablism, would love to quickly try out ideas with minimal messing about.

9. mr.Positive

mr.Positive NI Product Owner

About Maschine Decks, more advanced ableton link implementation with working bpm auto master/abilty to change bpm from turntables etc would be good enough for me.