1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

An update on the future of the Sequencer - Part 2

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Charles @ NI, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

And I was wondering whether I'd get a straight answer and discussion. Oh well.

I agree with @Uwe303 though and an open public beta would require more resources, admin, organisation, and management. However, I do think it is a good idea to at least release versions for a week or two as "final test betas" or whatever to get that wider test audience before formally releasing. In a sense, you could argue they do this already (and then patch it with a .x.x version), but to do it more openly could save a few blushes and catch those awkward bugs that arguably "should" have been caught before, but aren't e.g., plugin parameter reset issue, beta features issue, Beat Delay feedback issue. Even a week of "pre-release" would get that info, I'd say.

• Like Like x 3
  2. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Perhaps you should have read the post I wrote before that? I can't see how you needed any clarification here.

So why do you even bother asking this below after reading the above?

Sorry for not engaging though, but the main reason is I didn't see any possibility of a balanced discussion about it whatsoever, I've been through the cross analysis routine too many times. It generally starts with turning my statement into an unnecessary question, which is effectively the invite for mass interrogation, or telling me I've gone off topic, whilst at the same time exploring what I've just written. Sort of reminds me of a DT press conference. Perhaps I'm just getting bored of these forums.

Plus I find it a rather dull conversation point. Unlke most here I suspect, I've actually run beta tests in the past myself, public and closed, it's a very different animal from the other side.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. toneyrome

toneyrome NI Product Owner

Any timeline for this? It was announced 6 months ago.

4. PhillyBoon

PhillyBoon New Member

Unfortunately not being allowed to speak about the beta is nearly as bad as what they are doing with the sequencer :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

What do you mean?

6. CakeAlexS

Don't think he's allowed to tell you ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Not in detail, she isn't, you're right. But there's a discussion forum on CenterCode, where issues and opinions can be discussed.

8. CakeAlexS

Another leak :)

9. PhillyBoon

PhillyBoon New Member

It has been discussed over there, and ignored, they are basing opinions on surveys that they have set up to be answered to fit their choices.
    Here is an example that would have nothing at all to do with music but motorbikes.
    1 Do you find the new adjustable shock absorbers useful, Yes or No
    What the survey doesn't tell you is that every time you want to go over a bump, you need to get off the bike and add a third wheel.
    So if you want adjustable shocks you think to yourself, I will answer that this is useful and then explain in the forum that the third wheel is killing the bikes usability, unfortunately the developer then jumps on you and says "You are giving us mixed signals, you said in the survey that the adjustable suspension was useful"
    The beta should be open to the public so that everybody can have their say, not just a collection of carefully worded survey questions.

10. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

It hasn't been ignored at all.

11. PhillyBoon

PhillyBoon New Member

I did not know you were staff, sorry.
    Ignored was probably too harsh, but while they acknowledge feedback, they have little interest in it.
    Anyway i shall say no more and go back to just reading these forums again.

@skinswashdc
    I will not interact with you, I have been reading these forums for many years without posting, you are one of the reasons i had not joined up to now, you have no idea about how to interact publicly and i shall not lower myself to your level of infantile tit for tat, if you try to interact with me again i will just put you on ignore.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I am not staff... But as it seems that by ignored, you meant "done nothing about it", then join the club. There's plenty they've "ignored". I'm sorry you thought that all demands about changing Maschine would be met.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CakeAlexS

Side step, if there are any Windows beta testers here please draw attention to this bug as it's been ignored now for years and years in public forums. We don't need to discuss this further on this thread, just drawing attention to it any way I can. Please be careful to read the OP and watch this video in order to understand the actual issue. Many thanks.

14. Nii-Teiko

Nii-Teiko NI Product Owner

Please can I be added to the Beta @Charles @ NI ? My username is Nii-Teiko (predictably)

15. realizment

realizment Forum Member

Any chance you guys might make it work corectly in cubase? its only been 3 years and a $1000

• Like Like x 2
  16. CakeAlexS

Ouch.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Spazoo

Spazoo NI Product Owner

pathetic

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bertotti

Bertotti NI Product Owner

PhillyBoon, you observations are normal for large companies and their surveys, especially when they have a predetermined goal in mind and a very narrow path to get their either by design or desire. Sad isn't it.

19. Alex Roshi

Alex Roshi New Member

This feature would make it so much more fun and fluid when creating transition effects and drum fill ideas.

100% bring it on !!!!!!

20. CakeAlexS

This thread was created in 2016.
    Sadly nothing seems to be brought on so far.
    Sorry to curb your enthusiasm.