1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Announcing: Expansion: SASHA (Artist Expansion)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by The Sarge, Aug 22, 2020.

1. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

well, NI did it again: found a known producer who shares his sounds & skills with us
    this time the worldwide known Dance-Producer & Grammy-star: SASHA

take a look and listen to the examples:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/expansions/artist-expansion-sasha/

little pre-info for all the presetlovers outside: 65 (yes sixtyfive) for Massive (the old legend not the new X)

happy producing and stay safe!
    The Sarge!

(yes my english is bad, ´cuase I´m an old german ;) )

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

I'm very tempted by this (I don't know anything about Sasha, but have been exploring since this was announced). The sounds very much feel like my kind of thing. I'm waiting for someone to do the preset rundown on YouTube and I may get this.

3. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

Or I could find one...

4. poet666d

poet666d NI Product Owner

"Sascha"?

Sasha is a Legend, was throwing shapes his direction since the early 90s. Attended every one of his 12 Nights of summer at Up Yer Ronson.
    Deserves his name spelling correctly imo. :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

mea culpa
    auto-correction changed Sasha into Sascha, because in german it´s written with "sch" - when I want be perfect I make more errors, damn :(

• Like Like x 2
  6. TJ

TJ NI Product Owner

Dude, Up Yer Ronson in Leeds? I used to 'work' in the Pleasure Rooms back in the day. Saw some legends play there, Oakenfold etc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. poet666d

poet666d NI Product Owner

Of course Leeds.
    Was probably a 'customer' at some point then. :D

Many great times, but some of the absolute best were when Sasha was at the decks.

He used to SMASH it at Angels in Burley, where it would rain sweat from the ceiling all night.

Spoke to him a few times as well, properly lovely fella (though, we all were back then, LOL :p ).
    Even met BT when he was over learning from Sasha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. TJ

TJ NI Product Owner

Lol, kinda nuts meeting someone here from that era but B2B moved around quite a bit since then, not sure what happened to UYR, i seem to remember them moving down south but could be wrong. I can't remember seeing Sasha tbh but i was there from 94-96 but i worked in B2B so wasn't always on the main floor, but if Sasha played guaranteed i would have been there dancing my ass of at 3am! :D But i knew a lot of regulars there, knew all the crew so it's possible we met.

Anyway back OT checked out the Expansion, some really nice drums, authentic Sasha stuff straight from some of his classic albums. Will wait for soem more YT videos to drop but if you want access to the stuff Sasha used in Air Drane Dagger etc i don't think you could get much closer the source.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Skalamanga

Skalamanga NI Product Owner

Sasha. Shelley's. Stoke on Trent. Used to live a mile away.

Rumour has it that the route for the A50 bypass was changed just enough to force the demolition of that place.

• Like Like x 1