Announcing: Super 8

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, May 2, 2019.

1. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

thansk!

and very true. another great one is eat a big slimey cheesy mexican burrito and then start working on a track. you have very limited time before your pants explode...so forces you to work super fast.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

I found a reasonably lengthy and interesting review here:

• Like Like x 3
  3. telecode101

For anyone that is using a NI Komplete keyboard, do the knobs automatically map to the S8?

4. telecode101

After tinkering with it some more, used voucher and picked up. I liked how easy and fast it is to get decent sounds out of it. NI did a good job with that GUI.

• Like Like x 2
  5. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Absolutely. One observation though: Viewing the modulation sources is a little pain, because for each parameter you have to first click the destination in the MOD ROUTING section and then click that parameter to reveal the modulation sources for that parameter.

I hope there is a way to improve it through an update.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Yes, there's already a way to change that. Click on the padlock button to the right of the mod routing menu, and now whatever synth parameter you select will be in focus immediately, no need to visit the Mod Routing section at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. LoveEnigma

Damn, looks like I misinterpreted that part in the manual and did not unlock it. Glad to know that option is there, thank you for the enlightenment. :)

8. Udizisser

Udizisser New Member

Love this synth! Hope it gets into Komplete12 or later..
    Just created a review/tutorial in my Youtube channel

• Like Like x 2
  9. LoveEnigma

Loving this synth. Very fast to work with and capable of creating some really cool and diverse sounds. Now that I have got familiar with Super 8, it's time to create something with it.

10. nikita79

nikita79 New Member

Hello, I recently purchased Super 8 and I'm loving it so far. I programmed some sounds and the modulation possibilities offer a great new take on classic polysynths.

The effects are great too, except maybe for the chorus which I find lacks a bit of personality and is too transparent, but I own a Juno 106 so I must be spoiled :)

I noticed a small bug when using it with Komplete Kontrol. The mapped Pitch Mod controls are not correct, as instead of showing Speed and Delay, it shows Attack and Decay and the knobs don't do anything when turned.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  11. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Thank The Big Chap that Massive X got delayed otherwise I wouldn't have got this till next year or so. It's a lot better than many would at first think and good fun. What a pleasant surprise.!! Great Stuff!! :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Another NI plugin not fully working in Maschine due to lack of aftertouch support