Announcing: Traktor Kontrol S3

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by Mick @ NI, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Cheef Roberts

Cheef Roberts NI Product Owner

I said yes to all as the S3 spec page says it supports ASIO drivers so I was going off this.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/dj-controllers/traktor-kontrol-s3/

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. RTudor

RTudor New Member

Thank you Cheef Roberts, Do you know if the cue works for the external line in with Traktor DJ 2 (ie ipad) where you can not route the line in via the software?

3. Cheef Roberts

Cheef Roberts NI Product Owner

I have never used TDJ2 or used an iPad to DJ with. I am windows laptop and TP3 only so I can't answer that I'm afraid.

4. NST_yuriy

NST_yuriy NI Product Owner

I am sorry! Problem was in setting! Record work!

5. Bradley Peters

Bradley Peters New Member

Hi,

Just bought a Traktor Kontrol S3 today and I've been having absolutely nothing but issues with it from the get go.
    After a painful amount of time just trying to install all the programs needed to run it, I'm now stuck at a point where there is no sound. I can get the sound to play through my laptop speakers, but as soon as I swap over to my monitors, there is nothing. No sound and I am beyond over it.

I've updated all my ASIO drivers and then finally, when I think I've found a solution, still nothing. A notification came up in Traktor Pro 3 saying the firmware needed to be updated for my S3, but shock horror as soon as I downloaded it and tried to install it, it keeps saying the controller isn't connected, despite the fact that it's not only lit up with all it's coloured lights, but I can physically control all of the parameters in Pro 3 with the controller, so I know it's connected. There has to be a solution to this? I'm really starting to regret moving over from Serato as I never had a single issue in the 5 years I've been using it, now, I'm hitting problems from the first day with this new software.

Has anyone else had any issues similar to this, because I'm at my wits end with this thing.

6. NST_yuriy

NST_yuriy NI Product Owner

7. motostick

motostick New Member

I had the same issue with Windows 8.1. The solution was update it to Windows 10 (for free).