1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

Announcing: Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 6, 2018.

1. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

if it was a hardware mixer it would just work when you turned it on?

2. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

Maybe something to do with the new mixer effects, since basically the Filter knobs are software based, not an internal effect like a true standalone mixer? Just a guess.
    Then again the Filter has always been an effect and not hardware based. Selectable modes in preferences.
    I can't remember if the S8 was able to be used without the software as a mixer? But they do refer to the buttons as a standalone mode.

3. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

4. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

I'm saying maybe(maybe cause I don't know), there is a difference in the Traktor S4 and how the mixer is integrated with software and other hardware mixers you can buy, due to the recently added (software based) mixer effects.
    Just speculation as to why the standalone mixer mode without Traktor (a computer) running, isn't available.

A hardware mixer is standalone and the effects and filters and such are not software based.

5. Verrett

Verrett New Member

Will the s4mk3 fit in the same sized case as the s4mk2 Like a odyssey glide case?

6. Lasse Mix

Lasse Mix NI Product Owner

The MK3 is larger (not familiar with you case, Maybe theres foam to be cut out)

7. ivarin

ivarin NI Product Owner

hello everyone
    i wonder if the s4 will eventually be supported by their upcoming ios app.
    they're gonna release a new ios traktor app at least for s2 mk3. any clues if s4 will work with that too?
    does s4 mk2 work with traktor dj?

8. Tydow

Tydow New Member

The mk3 will work as a standalone mixer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9. Verrett

Verrett New Member

It will work in the future??

10. DaveTraktorExpert

DaveTraktorExpert New Member

Will it be midi mappable in the future??

11. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man

Yes. Overmapping is coming soon.

• Like Like x 3
  12. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

So mapping override?
    Like they introduced to the old S4.
    I never used the midi mode. I only used override.
    For the S4mk3 a midi mode is useless in my opinion. Anyone buying this controller and painstakingly mapping it is better off with a used mk2 or even a more basic jog controller.
    The S2mk3 would be ok for midi mode.

Please let it be override commands!

13. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man

It is :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  14. DaveTraktorExpert

DaveTraktorExpert New Member

Thanks I'm fine with override factory mapping :thumbsup:

15. PH5

PH5 New Member

I see the S4 Mk3 controller is now out there, the motorised jogs look wicked ! Any news on when firmware will be updated to allow standalone effects (i.e. not run by the software) ?

16. Tellmeaboutit123

Tellmeaboutit123 NI Product Owner

Hi all, I really like TT mode but when press cue it goes back to cue point then keeps playing and you have to pause the deck then press your cue marker to go back m. This is really strange and would be so much better like jog mode functionality.

17. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

TT mode is completely illogical. It should behave exactly as the normal mode, otherwise you have to learn 2 different modes and basically, until they do it, I just don't use it, cause it makes no sense.

18. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

I agree.
    I'm hoping some more updates happen.

19. Tellmeaboutit123

Tellmeaboutit123 NI Product Owner

Me too. I am sure they will as reputable dj reviews have also picked up on the strange TT cue behaviour. Have you noticed the drift also in jog mode of the jog led's? Another thing is i am not able to load a track into the preparation playlist using the specific browser control button. Anyone else have this issue? J

20. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

I think they still clean the bugs, and soon we'll see the update. I noticed some strange issues too..