1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Any reason sweetwater not receiving units from first batch?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Dstep ATL, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Dstep ATL

Dstep ATL NI Product Owner

Seems odd to leave out the largest US retailer, particularly when Sam Ash had them last week.

They won’t have any +’s for release day, maybe next week at the earliest.

2. Dstep ATL

NI Is having problems getting them to the US per support. They hope to receive 3 total shipments to the United States this week, but have no idea or won’t say when retailers will receive them. Make of it what you will.

3. Crevice

Crevice New Member

Disappointing, had Thursday circled in my calendar for weeks now

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dstep ATL

It’s all good I guess, I truly wish NI the best with the launch. A good launch likely means better support down the line. There success is what’s best for us all, IMO. Disappointing for us here in the US, but it’s covid and ish happens.

5. Dstep ATL

Alto music told its buyers mid October due to customs problems... no word from sweetwater on that. Not sure what other US retailers are hearing

6. Dstep ATL

Guitar Center has them locally in store in Atlanta, Alto has shipped, and Sweetwater expects to receive them today or tomorrow. Wonderful turn of events!

7. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

There’s plenty of them available in Miami. Question is...is it worth the upgrade? I’d love to see a definitive review by an experienced unbiased Maschine user.

“Influencers” dont inform me. They suckle on their sponsors teet. I want to leap, I’ll probably leap...but...I have MK3 and it’s just so neat. Please oh please tell me if the upgrade is Bitter or Suweeeeeeet?!

8. Dstep ATL

My last maschine was mki which I picked up on release day and used until 2015. I haven’t used maschine since, but when I saw this (as someone who now works completely OTB) I preordered immediately. Turns out I shouldn’t have preordered and should have just grabbed it from guitar center Atlanta on release day exactly like I did with Mki.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

yeah I never preorder anything anymore. I prefer retail because you can hold a human accountable for any errors or defects vs dealing with shipping, cust service, etc. I don’t see the point when there’s no cost incentive. If early adopting meant additional vouchers or expansions I MIGHT consider it but I’ll never pay for something when I don’t even know when it’ll arrive. If it’s not available to buy retail, it gives me further time to consider alternatives, buy needed supplemental gear (battery bank, chords, interface, etc).

10. Dstep ATL

In this case there is incentive, though as I don’t have to pay full price at sweetwater it most things. Patience is just not a virtue I have, lol, and is something I work on.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

I’ve never bought anything but software from Sweetwater but I hear they’re great. whats the incentive they offer for preordering?

also, can I get a PS5 from there?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dstep ATL

No incentive for preordering, they’ll give me a good discount on pretty much anything they carry if I ask.

Already asked about the PS5, unfortunately not.

• Like Like x 1