1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Anybody recommend a midi controller for Traktor Scratch

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by demus whisper, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demus whisper

demus whisper New Member

Im looking for a good affordable midi controller for my dj gigs to use with traktor scratch?
    any help?
    Thanks in advance

Demus

2. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

Depends what exactly you want to control with it. I find my Trigger Finger is perfect for what I need to do with TS.

3. demus whisper

demus whisper New Member

Id want it to control the effects and such so i dont have to use the mouse on the laptop and instead use knobs on the controller.. any suggestions?

Thanks

4. TeLLy

Trigger Finger is good, among the other pad+knob controllers out there like the Akai. Something extreme like the VCI-100 would actually work for you too, assuming you could figure out another function for the jog wheels and crossfader, as Traktor Scratch doesn't have internal mixer mode.

5. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

A good use for the VCI's crossfader in this case would be to use it as a wet/dry effect control.

6. lowland1

lowland1 New Member

Be aware that browsing through playlist and tree list is not possible.
    Trigger Finger has no rotary encoders. The Akai does have rotary encoders, but is not able to send relative values. In practice this means scrolling through a playlist will act strange if you pass the zero point. If you scroll down, and pass the zero point, you will scroll up.
    With this being said you still have to use your mousepad to browse.
    Reason I use a Faderfox DX2. Browsing through tracks is the most used knob on my controller.

7. demus whisper

demus whisper New Member

trigger finger seems good and affordable.. i mainly want it to use for the effects and also the eq and kill switches for traktor.. thats it only for those functions so dont wanna spend alot..
    i thank u all for your imput...

if you guys live in nyc i have a residency here in nyc at katra friday nights starting august 29

u can add me to myspace also

www.myspace.com/demuswhisper

cheers!

8. TeLLy

I'll be in NYC in October...perhaps I'll stop in!

9. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

10. citizen1200

citizen1200 New Member

Ok so dumb question, but how to you assign the filter parameters to MIDI control knobs? I can't seem to find the option in the MIDI setup window. I also seem to be having a hard time getting Traktor Scratch to recognize my padKontrol in the "learn" mode - has anyone else had this problem? Is anyone also using a padKontrol and has a MIDI configuration that they'd like to share?

Thanks for any tips!

-TS newbie :eek:

11. NLS666

NLS666 Forum Member

I have a Novation Remote SL61 and was thinking of buying a Remote SL zero (because the 61 is waaaaay to big) but then I found the Korg Nano's which are extremely well priced so I ordered the nanopad and the nanokontrol just now. I don't think you can get much more knobs, faders and switches for a total of 118 €.

Check out www.korgnano.com

Greetz,
    NLS

12. exorciser

exorciser New Member

Hi,

does anyone knows a solid midi controller for Traktor Scratch Pro, since it has some additional parameters on Efects unit and new deck interface (cue and loops).

Would Faderfox DX2 be a suitable one?

Best,

E

13. AndresM

AndresM New Member

If you can afford a Faderfox go for it u wont regret it. On the other hand i find the Novation Nocturn midi controller quite ussefull. I only need to control the fx so that controller is a great choice 4 me (not as expensive as de Faderfox).

14. exorciser

exorciser New Member

Faderfox DX2 is already ordered :D

I have to wait untill next week, there is no DX2 on stock. yaay! :)

15. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Good choice. The DX2 is awesome. Especially with Traktor Scratch. Ive got mine sitting between the mixer and the Right deck, its so small it hardly takes up any room so you can concentrate on the turntables without anything getting in the way.

16. exorciser

exorciser New Member

Little OT, but can u post some pic or link to pic?

I know there is a forum thread, so maybe just point it out:)

And tnx for suggesting DX2 :)

17. AndresM

AndresM New Member

Indeed great choice.

18. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

couldnt agree more...

19. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Hey exorciser heres 2 setups i have.
    1: Technics 1210s , Vestax, DX2
    2: Pioneer CDJmk3, Allen & Heath, DX2

Hope this helps dude.

Attached Files:

20. toh

toh New Member

alright guys also looking at midi control for TS, looks like im going DX2 but what does everybody think about the LC2 model? the version with faders...
    any pros/cons about the set up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.