Anyone else have a problem with knobs not moving?

Discussion in 'Building With Reaktor' started by Studiowaves, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Test 13 is now snap 23

Attached Files:

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Hi Al, are there ensemble snapshots by you for pūrva hapax?

3. Studiowaves

Studiowaves NI Product Owner

Thank you Paule, it's very soothing like flying over the Alps looking at the scenery. Something most Americans will never experience, very cool.

4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

A small workflow for pūrva hapax purva hapx.png
    Incoming MIDI is pitch mod by the two (red) modulators crossfade by the middle between both. The knob is the amount of mod by LFO combinations and wheel. Turn to left for no mod.
    MIDI drives the wavetables from a map contains 3,400 samples. On every WT display are two unvisible knob layers. The upper is for banks the lower for samples. The map contains 34 banks - each bank with 100 WT samples.
    Followed by 2 filtered resonators - ended in Pandemoneum. The mono compressor is feed by wt and jumps over the 4 resonators - mixed in the stereo field.
    Effects taken from Illusions of Sound: Delay and Reverb. The gate way is for amp envelope only.
    To avoid hummings be carefully with max unison and deep freqs in resonator.
    LFO: The knob is the rate: left long up to 16 bars - right the shorter 1/64. Here are different rate ranges on the LFO's. You can toggle the wave multi/wave table except twice LFO and sample and hold. To change the multi waves click on the text and move the mouse up or down like changing WT bank and sample.

Please create some ens snapshots, thank you.

--

Al, please listen to Silhouettes
    https://www.native-instruments.com/de/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/13187/
    and mix it with pūrva

--

I've exchanged the Compressor switch to a Button because it cracks by using (GRE = global reset event).
    12 more snapshots are in release 60.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  5. Studiowaves

Thank you Paule, I listened to Silhouettes and it's nice. Pūrva by comparison to me is very polished and seems professional level. Very good job, I hope I can make a patch that does it justice. It will take some time to learn so please bear with me. I'ts 3am here and I just woke up. I am an early riser and get up before the rooster. lol Talk later,

6. Studiowaves

I made a few patches, amazing how easy this is to create some amazing transcendental music. You did a good job, I played with it for several hours with much enjoyment. I just wish all programs were this simple to use and yet get rewarded with such incredible results. Thank you so much, I'll probably use this on and off for the rest of my life. Especially when I'm stressed out to max and need relaxation. Great job indeed.
    Paule, I wanted to mention one thing that might help maintain a trans like state. It seems when changing patches some but not all can break your train of thought and I think it's mainly the change in reverb time. Although there are less subtle things it seems morphing when patches are changed might be a helpful. I am not sure how well it would turn out but if the morphing can slow down the changes of all the knobs things may or may not turn out for the best. It's debatable because you never know what can happen. Like a resonance might get real strong during the morphing and make things works. Personally, I would try a simple slow smoother on the reverb time to help minimize the fast speed up effects if a new snap happens to change a long delay time from the previous snap into a short time and the sound stored in the reverb buffers speeds up and outputs a distracting sound. Of course that is something I would do and it's only a suggestion and not a demand. You are way more experienced than I am and I hope you understand what I mean by breaking the trans when changing to certain presets. Maybe breaking the flow is a better term. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing, oh there was one more thing, I think the output volume is before the compressor. I realize this makes sense and know why you did it but in reality it is a drive into the compressor and since the compressor restricts the dynamic range it can lower the stronger volumes too depending on the type of compressor used. It's tricky business for sure, personally I would use a true rms compressor that has no threshold and only a ratio setting and perhaps a low level expander to offer some freedom of more constant volumes on high ratio settings and put the output volume after the compressor to adjust the RMS level to a comfortable level and provide a volume balance from patch to patch. But like I said, it's only my personal opinion as there are several methods to everything and everything is debatable. That's the only feedback I have at the moment but as it stands I enjoy the program. I am curious though, Is there a way to randomly changes patches?

Attached Files:

7. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

Lol, this thread has drifted into a private conversation :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Studiowaves

How are you Philippe? there now, it's no longer private. LOL hope you are well and happy and a millionaire too. If so , you get me beat. I'm only happy to have a new friend like Paule. The other two are not so good, bad reaction to allergies and still waiting to win the lottery. At least I'm having fun and Paule's new ensemble is like medicine for my soul. I hope you enjoy it too but I must warn you, it will put you in a trans that you may never come out of. Very cool program indeed.

9. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

https://www.native-instruments.com/de/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/9879/
    Cats music - caterwauling - is here O la la!
    The small grey buttons are randomly changers. Please use ALT+I for showing info hints of the panel elements.
    Lazy buttons.png
    ... or an introduction to a new product, Philippe?

Snapshots by Philippe, Brett, Jonathan and Greg would push p-h!
    The threshold followed the A/R from AmpEnv. BTW the compressor's way is in monophone added to the stereo signal and passed by all 4 resonators.

Al, you can save a snapshot bank with right click on snapbank name in the context menue.
    upload_2021-4-14_17-3-16.png
    For your snapshot create a new bank first then save them there. To change the bank name press return and type in the name - close the new name with return again.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Studiowaves

Ok, Paul I understand,thanks, Also appreciated cats caterwauling. Gonna check the out.

11. Studiowaves

Like this bank called more or less? I like the patch "Beyond the trans" best.

Attached Files:

12. Studiowaves

Phileppe, I forgot to ask if you got the fixed version of fm12. The key velocities were not strong enough to fully drive the operators and everything nearly sounded the same. I used it to fill in my old EMU proteus sampler with the perfect piano attachment. It was good sounding until the sound started looping do to limited memory in those days. So I faded in fm12 during the loop and matched it up with the tones in the looping sample. When done just right you could hardly tell it was looping and it worked out real well. However you can now make an instrument with it with more fm strength. Now even the top operator in say algorithm #1 is strong enough to make attack sounds in operator 6 that can be heard. I sucked at FM programming so I bought a dx patch editor librarian and copied a few sounds made by Yamaha for the DX7 and the sound is very close to original patches Yamaha made in the 80's, so I know it's strong enough. If you would like to play with it let me know and I'll get it to you. No biggie, it won't distract us from continuing our testing of Paule's new ensemble, Where a you from? I'm in the USA and I suspect Paule is on this planet but the new ensemble isn't. lol Later buddy.

13. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Al, your 10 snaps are all in a good mood - sounds like healing music. „Will it rain” it's reduced in Time and Out by me to got more dramatics.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  14. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

I have the last one you posted in this thread. I guess it’s the last one ? I just chevked very quickly, too much projects at the same time at the moment. Will have a closer look later. I’m from France. You can check people’s location by looking at their profile. Well at least those who filled this detail.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

I'm from Berlin, Germany and english isn't my native language but I hope you understand my descriptions.

16. Studiowaves

Ahh beautiful area, all the Vineyards in the South make all the healthy wine. I have online girl friend there , we play guitars together. That's all.

17. Studiowaves

Well cool, that was fun. I spend 4 hours and time fly by with such good time.

18. Studiowaves

I suspected that area, I have other friend who talk like you. He was German, I am half German, half Irish and half Hillbilly and still those three halves don't make whole. LOL talk later

19. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

You are from Missouri the land of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn?

20. Studiowaves

Yes I am. I have been to Mark Twain's lake and the city of Hannibal where he grew up an wrote the stories. The Mississippi river flows thru Hannibal and heads down to St. Louis where we live. If you look at google maps you can the St. Louis Arch. It's taller than any city building. I watched them put it up when I was 10. You have to see it to believe it, you can take a ride inside to the top and lookout over the city. So if you zoom out and look at the rivers where Huck Fin went down the river starting at Hannibal everything was a nice peaceful ride until the Mississippi river joined with two other major rivers. One is the Meramak and the other river is the Missouri river. After the three rivers joined the river is almost a mile wide and the currents are very strong. They are joined before the Arch and continue down to the ocean. So Huckleberry started off in a nice cozy river in his nice cozy raft until he came to where the three rivers joined. I can imagine the look on his face when he saw that while paddling in his tiny raft. I guess we could say the party was over. LoL Talk later my friend , I only hope to get a good nights sleep for a change. see you later..

• Like Like x 1