1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Anyone running an S2, S4, S5, or even an S8 in external mixer mode?

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by EyesHockey, May 12, 2018.

1. EyesHockey

EyesHockey New Member

I’m curious if anyone is running a controller in external mixing mode because that’s what I’m thinking of doing. I have an Audio 10 and also want to get an S4. I’m getting back into it after many years and am running a Pioneer DJM 600 mixer. I have two Technics 1200 M3Ds and one Technics 1200 mk2 (3 turntables) all through the Audio 10. I also have some cheap CDJs that I threw the control CDs in as a test but do not intend to use. I’m thinking I need to make the jump and give up beatmatching and focus on beatgridding my tracks properly with well planned cue points and loops. So, I’m okay with giving up the turntables except when scratching which I do rarely enough at some at-home house parties but could get by with the jog wheels. I think the S5 is not an option for me just for that reason alone. Also, the S5 was just discontinued. I’m still looking at the S4 because I like the idea of being fully mobile and not being required to take the A10 and the mixer if I didn’t want to. With new hardware and softeware coming this year, I’m still thinking to make the purchase. Also, my laptop might not be able to handle TP3 if that’s what’s coming :-(.

Last edited: May 12, 2018