1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Anyone waiting for Summer of Sound 2019 sale? - IT'S HERE!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by LoveEnigma, May 16, 2019.

1. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

I know what you mean and you are absolutely right. That's why I wrote "and learned a lot".

There are tools which makes some steps easier than others. And quite a few I would never have bought if you asked me know;)

I have learned a lot of lessons in frustration :D but also in practicing, reading, watching.

That belongs to the process; but you know, there is always the moment...when the superior plugin makes the kick so hot, that it will even sidechain Bruce Lee :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I think you nailed it there..........................:oops:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Yeah, I know, but hard drive space on PC could also become a concern if I install those libraries. :D :p

Best wishes for your release! :) :thumbsup:

By the way, more plugins = more confusion, but we still do it... :mad:

4. Old Mike

Yeah, its true. But take a look at the videos from the pros. When they insert a plugin in their chain, the list of plugins they choose from is endless. Everything of everything.
    That means we must have all of them to sound like the pros ;)

But in reality, the mixes from the pros sound so good even if they haven't started to mix, much better than mine when they are finished:p

And don't forget: the newest plugin is always the best, the one and only, never before known, one-trick-pony, butter and bread and new industry standard plugin.
    So, how couldn't we want this?:eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Braz

Braz NI Product Owner

Finished the download and the install.
    Native access worked really great.

I love how everything is connected with native: maschine, kk, jam....

God ! the day the arranger of maschine evolves to something more usable, they kill the competition

• Like Like x 3
  6. Moffit

Moffit NI Product Owner

Still Debating whether to take the plunge from K11 to K12U ??:confused:

7. tempsperdu

That's why The Big Chap made them bring the prices down on SSD's ..it was just getting silly...........................

8. LoveEnigma

Take the plunge, because you know that's where you will be happy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. LoveEnigma

Hmmmm, but SSDs are still expensive in our country. Of course I could get a 7200 RPM HDD, but tight on budget. I would say that I don't want to see them in the browser when I am not planning to use them just yet. ;)

They are there when I want them. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Old Mike

It will fulfill the emptiness in your heart and in your soul (at least for a few days) ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. tempsperdu

That's easy ..do it because then you'll only have the K12CE to lust after............................:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. LoveEnigma

So, ultimately, the point is now not to worry about K12U, but K12U CE instead. :D

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. tempsperdu

Until they bring out K13 Ultra CE yuppity yup (500 Expansions, 6months free sounds.com and the new we have sampled everything that exists library ) .. talk about must have.......:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Stephen Bish

Stephen Bish NI Product Owner

Think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and spring for the KU10-KUCE12 upgrade. Go from my current 2 expansions to 50, plus all the other goodies.

15. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

I really don't get why you all are so excited over this.. I think the deals are pretty meh.. 200, 300 or 500 for me.. and for what? A promise of a synthesizer?? Well, that's certainly novel.

I did grab TRK-01 for 25.. fun, clever synth that I wish NI still made more of. Already built 2 tracks around it so it's certainly paying for itself.
    The rest of the money went elsewhere. Stuff that actually improves my music or the process of making it. Better signal paths, better conversion and processing, better distortion and coloration, better mastering. Oh yes, I get off on great gear... But just buying crap because it looks like a good deal is incredibly stupid.. it just waters down your set up with more useless bells and whistles that get in the way of getting to the sound you want effectively (and in a way you can reproduce and iterate upon).

16. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

No one forces you to buy something and I also don't buy everything and upgrade every year.

Uwe

17. Old Mike

Yes, of course, it is. But people are different and have different opinions and demands.
    I think nobody here buys the updates or upgrades just to have "more crap".

I bought a few things before the upgrade that was included in it and sold them already after upgrading. Got this almost for "free" then, if you see it that way.

There are very useful sounds and instruments I would have bought alone, but were just a bit too expensive for me.

So, you see, not everybody is acting stupid who upgrades oder updates.

We may just have a special sense of humor and our own opinion.

18. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

No of course they don't. But the business model is awfully geared towards that, isn't? "Komplete Ultimate... the collector's edition."
    It's still interesting for the NI product and sales team to read the reasoning behind why I just spent more money than 'that ultimate full Komplete experience' would cost (and then some) with basically everybody else but them... and only got a 25 euro Reaktor ensemble from them? As someone who used to work with Maschine pretty much exclusively not that long ago.

19. LoveEnigma

@lwj|localspace You are not wrong. We can easily spend less than we do.

But for me, as far as NI Komplete is concerned, it was a long and big jump from K8U (2012) to K12U (2019) and was worth the update. I will exclude the K11 Update here that I got during 2017 SoS, as I will be reselling it. Of course, I did buy a few single products that I really liked in between these years, but those were mostly $49 and $69 and often with e-vouchers. Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Absolutely they want to make as much money as possible. But in my opinion if I select wisely the package or sometimes just buy single products I have a good bang for bug. But I would for example like to see some offer like you can select single products and with every single one the discount gets bigger for the next, like some others have. But then on the other side I would never had symphony stuff wich can be also useful as a sample source for my electronic stuff.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1