Archived User Libraries

Discussion in 'NI Website and Forums' started by Keir @ NI, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Keir @ NI

Keir @ NI Community, man NI Team

Dear User Library community members

As you may have noticed, the User Libraries for Absynth, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, Pro 53 and the X1 have been taken offline. This decision was forced by technical issues in the code which was very old. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Following further investigations of the ageing codebase and server architecture of the Libraries, combined with the low traffic they've received in recent years, the decision was taken not to put the Libraries back online.

However, the entire content of the Absynth, Guitar Rig and Kontakt libraries is available as read-only archives via the links below:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/community/user-libraries/kontakt/
    http://www.native-instruments.com/en/community/user-libraries/absynth/
    http://www.native-instruments.com/en/community/user-libraries/guitar-rig/

Best wishes from Berlin,

The NI team

• Like Like x 2
  2. states

states NI Product Owner

many thanks but i find there're quite a few Absynth patches currently missing from the UL ...
    is this a w.i.p. ? will be uploading the rest anytime soon ?

3. Keir @ NI

Could you name some of the missing patches so I can pass it on the to the web team and they can investigate?

4. states

states NI Product Owner

of course & thank you for getting back to me on this ! :)
    i am in fact frantically looking to find Anthony Distefano's "Monolith", "Olivier Messiaen (L'ascension)"
    "Thunderstorm", "The Shining". "Monolith (Landed)". "The Inferno", "Pari Intervallo", "Mission", "Inquisitive (tronic)", "The Jungle", "Rework - Ludwig van Beethoven - String Quartet No. 15 3rd Movement", "Spoils Of War", "Religiosamente" and "Philip Glass Koyaanisqatsi" !
    can you help out pretty please ??
    i've made quite a few patches of my own utilising either envelopes, or samples out of Mr. Distefano's ingenious Absynth work and after a massive crash i have been struggling to re-trace them, so far to no avail ...
    these all used to be available in the Absynth registered Users Lib for quite some time.
    thanks so much in advance.

5. Keir @ NI

Thanks for the details, I'll chase this up for you.

6. states

states NI Product Owner

i'd be deeply obliged if you could pull this one off mate !!!
    thank you kindly :)

7. sclafani2

sclafani2 Member

Well I'm pretty sad the user library is gone, I personally loved it. I have to be honest, if you said traffic on it was low it's probably because we all are under the impression that Guitar Rig is no longer being updated and there will be no Guitar Rig 6. Seriously, there are entire posts in this forum dedicated solely to trying to figure out what on earth NI is doing with Guitar Rig. There hasn't been a new version of Guitar Rig (a version with new features and additions, not just bug fixes) in a long time, despite many of us desperately begging for a new version of Guitar Rig. I appreciate having the library at least as read only, I'm just disappointed it's now inactive. I understand the code for it is old and I'm sure it takes a while to create, I just miss the library. It was a major reason I got Guitar Rig in the first place, having the ability to create and share presets and patches online from anywhere at anytime was one of Guitar Rig's best and defining features. That being said, I do appreciate that you let us know why the library was taken offline instead of doing so without an explanation. On behalf of thousands of Guitar Rig users all wondering the same thing, will there be a new version of Guitar Rig (Guitar Rig 6) with new features? Everyone loves Guitar Rig and we'd love for some news from NI since we haven't heard anything about an update in a long time. I know Guitar Rig isn't obsolete, my question is is it stagnant or is still being developed with new and additional features? Thank you for your help.

8. VCF

VCF New Member

what does read only mean? just bought absynth 5 and could do with some bass patches to mutate? o_O

9. sclafani2

sclafani2 Member

It looks like you can still download patches, which I appreciate. But you can't view the descriptions for them or read any comments. I don't know this for sure, but I don't think you can upload new presets to the library anymore. If that's incorrect, please let me know. I'd love to be wrong and learn that people can still share presets and sounds with each other through the library. Keir, you originally said NI decided to take the library offline because the code was old a year ago. Is NI working on fixing the code or will we never be able to have restored access to the library again? It's one of Guitar Rig's best features and one of the ones I loved the most, so I really hope NI didn't kill the library off permanently. Any information you have on the user library for Guitar Rig would be appreciated. Thank you.

10. Zwamy

Zwamy New Member

Hi,

I'm also looking for the Philip Glass Koyaanisqatsi (Anthony Distefano) patch, but I can't find it anywhere. Need some help!

11. Cavemanchris

Cavemanchris New Member

Where do you actually place these files?