Are NI extension's patterns usable without Maschine hardware?

Discussion in 'NI Website and Forums' started by Konstantin Khlyzov, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Konstantin Khlyzov

Konstantin Khlyzov New Member

I am looking at the description of the Meteoric Rise extension here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/expansions/meteoric-rise/, and reading as follows: "MASCHINE owners get editable patterns for building ideas fast.", and I already was going to accept that if I want to use those patterns I have to have a Maschine hardware (but I don't have one so far).

Down below I found a line saying that the extension is "Optimized for: MASCHINE, MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE MIKRO , MASCHINE JAM or KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES KEYBOARDS". I do have a Komplete Kontrol S25 keyboard, so I got a hope that I would be able to use the extension's patterns with it, but still I'm not sure.

Please tell me that it's possible if you have experience with using extension's patterns with KK keyboard, or say for sure that one cannot use this part of the extension without Maschine hardware.

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

upload_2019-2-11_23-30-28.png
    Monark and Prism are Reaktor ensembles. Massive is an instrument.
    Loop and sample works in Reaktor or Kontakt.
    Battery Kits in Battery. Mayhaps the Drum Synth Presets also in Battery.

3. prjkt

prjkt New Member

I think OP was referring to the Maschine specific patterns in the expansion - you do get these as .wav files for use anywhere, but still need Maschine to access the pattern info to copy/adjust/edit etc.

4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

I dunno. No hardware here except computer, screen, mouse etcpp

5. Deafkon

Deafkon NI Product Owner

How do you access the patterns from inside maschine?