Arturia V Collection 6 & Analog Lab 3

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by Goon, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

Arturia just released this big update.

Nice Addition of DX7, Clavi V, CMI V & Buchla Easel.

I just downloaded & updated my Analog Lab to V3 and the new additions sound good. :) Am tempted to grab V collection 6, although no mention of NKS support....

• Like Like x 2
  2. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

Confirmed no NKS as of yet

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. The BEAT PiRATE

The BEAT PiRATE NI Product Owner

SAME HERE,NOW....Thought the Thanksgiving Sale would be V5 50% off NKS Standard on NI but no. The XXL SALE was great tho'. Now V6 at 50% off Upgrade at Arturia. Is Analog Lab 3 NKS since update, mine is updating now. But Annalog Lab 2 always ate up CPU IN MK2 and now MK3..HOPE its better and V6 when I upgrade.

4. morgendugg

morgendugg NI Product Owner

5. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Moving this to the General Production forum

6. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...i think the upgrade price from 5 to 6 is a cheek...50% of the regular price for 4 new synths???...from 4 to 6 for 199,- and 99,- for 5 to 6 would've been fair imo...

7. musmus

musmus NI Product Owner

Yup, I think so too. They're asking too much for just 4 new synths. And they even claim it's the intro price. Haha...

8. scheffkoch

...i hope they still support/bug fix the v5 synths...

9. The BEAT PiRATE

CLEARLY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT V6 and Analog Lab 3........Analog Lab or 2 are not NKS!!, So "US" Analog Lab/2 users who wanted to go V5 (Legacy/Update) but didn't because of $$$ "US" get free Analog Lab 3....Again WE WANT TO KNOW IS Analog Lab 3, NKS since previous version were not? Plus V5 update was first Arturia NKS not the original V5.....Because there was no NKS during first drop, so last year NI and Arturia did 50% NEW V5 w/ NKS, Further unlike NI (with this MK2 h/w and Maschine 2 FIX) V5 Legacy stayed at 50% off for BOXED and with ALL BOXED VERSIONS SOLD only V5 update NKS will be the FLAGSHIP then drop Analog Lab 2 with out NKS (2 weeks later). C'mon Son! Again "Will Analog Lab 3 be NKS.....oh downloaded alredy, let me check.

10. scheffkoch

...ok, just to confirm...i have updates/fixes for all v5 synths + analog lab3 in my software center...

11. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

No the new stuff isnt NKS yet.
    Originally Posted by Kevin@Arturia [​IMG]
    We did not do the NKS stuff for the new instruments yet.
    This means that you do not have access to the presets directly from KK or Maschine browser, but you can still load the VSTs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JKG2

JKG2 NI Product Owner

yes it says "compatibility currently unavailable for Analog Lab 3, CMI V, Clavinet V, Buchla Easel V and DX7 V." under the NKS note

13. The BEAT PiRATE

YEA, UPDATEED FINE PRINT YESTERDAY

14. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Interestingly the Analog Lab 2 NKS conversion by Jhorology from here:

https://github.com/jhorology/nks-presets-collection

mostly works for Analog Lab 3 as well - I think because ALab 3 replaces the VSt for 2 to KK loads it as a substitute and all the older patches load intact. Also while the 4 new synths don't have NKS patches, if you load them inside the Analog Lab 3 NKS you do get the ALab mapping which maps a lot of usable controls.

15. The BEAT PiRATE

Macros setting are not NKS! Presets,Imaging, Integration is NKS created with NI script.

16. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

This isn't just macro settings, the Analog Lab NKS library does everything official NKS integration does including presets, image thumbnails and database entries, apart from the new previews feature (and it is possible for users to add those too)

None of this needs a script