1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Audio 2 DJ – distorted sound after OS & driver update

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR Audio Interfaces' started by tira, Apr 14, 2016.

1. tira

tira NI Product Owner

After checking out compatibility with all my apps and gear, I updated by MacBook Pro to El Capitan (10.11.4) and all my NI products just to hear that my Audio 2 DJ (Mk I) outputs digitally distorted sound on both outputs when using Traktor (2.10.2 9)

- I have updated to the latest hardware driver (v2.80) and all other NI software is up to date.
    - Changing output levels doesn't reduce the crackles at all.
    - Neither does changing the latency value.
    - Neither does switching the USB cable.
    - What's interesting though is that when I open the preferences window in Traktor, the crackling stops WHILE IT OPENS. When the prefs are open, the crackles continue.
    - It's a MBP mid-2009 with enough RAM, hard drive space etc. – I have an RME interface in use with Ableton and that works perfectly fine - it's clearly the NI driver!

Does anyone have similar issues?

UPDATE: I checked with other apps and playing tunes directly from the Finder, with no distortion at all. This suggests it has nothing to do with the Audio 2 DJ driver, but only with Traktor 2.10.2.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  2. c0nsul

c0nsul NI Product Owner

I am on MacOSX 10.11.4 and TP 2.10.2, too. I am using the oldest Traktor Audio 2 with the 2.8.0 driver.

During the 2.8.0 testing phase, I experienced cracks with my setup.
    NI support adviced me to change settings from 44,1kHz to 48kHz. This helped in my case.
    My latency is set to 256 samples.