Audio problem under Sonar 7

Discussion in 'AKOUSTIK PIANO' started by darrend, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrend

darrend New Member

(Sent a note to support several days ago but did not get a reply yet) Using Akoustik Piano as a VST under Sonar 7-- and note I get identical behavior if run using the AP VST or as an instrument under Kontakt 3.5 Player-- if any piano MIDI is playing, when the transport is "stopped" most of the time I get a loud pop, followed by a second pop several seconds later, after which the VST will no longer produce audio until I completely unload the project or restart Sonar. Note I use Kontakt for other samples and do not get this error... only Akoustik Piano has this behavior. Very frustrating when working with the piano sound itself, of course once I freeze the track so that the synth isn't firing any more I'm OK, but it makes getting the right sound a real pain.

Anyone using Cakewalk Sonar and found a workaround?

(No other VST synth is doing this, and no other Kontakt instrument... so it's something unique to Akoustik Piano)

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

Are you using the latest version of AP? Check to see that you're on the latest. I vaguely remember some issue like this, but thought it was fixed.

It's very strange that it also occurs in 3.5.

3. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

I thoiught it was fixed, too- I'm not seeimg it in S6 with either K3.5 or K4.

ew

4. darrend

darrend New Member

Yep, I am using the current Akoustic Piano version (mine was current in the box as I bought it earlier this month but I double checked against the support download section).

I just downloaded the Kontakt 4 player and will give that a try. I had Kontakt 3.5 player because I am using Steven Slate drums which came with that player.

5. darrend

darrend New Member

Followup in case anyone else has the same issue with older Sonar: Tech Support got back to me today, and and were most excellent. The issue with Sonar is a compatibility bug in the AP instrument that was fixed, however the fix went into the new versions designed for Kontakt player, so they've given me an upgrade path to the fixed version to resolve the issue. This is my first communciation with the NI tech support but I must say they certainly handled my problem well; took a while to get the answer back but worth waiting for the right answer :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.