1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Background Loading Warning. Memory Low. Kontakt is not working properly.

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by PSOCapture, Sep 18, 2015.

1. PSOCapture

PSOCapture New Member

I recently finished building a recording PC to upgrade from my laptop. I've owned Komplete 8 since about October of 2012 and I've never had any issues with the program. I just finished installing and updating the programs, but now when I try to load certain samples I get this error message:

"Background loading warning: Your memory is getting low. Please use the purge function to free up some of your resources. Kontact will progressively cache only the required samples for playback and offline bounce."

Some of the samples are working properly, others will give me the above message. This message comes up on a fresh project with one track. There is no way that I'm possibly running out of memory or that one plugin is capable of being too much for my computer to handle.
    I'm running an i7 4.0 ghz processor, 16gb ram, 1 tb internal hard drive, and my sample library is on a 1 tb external hard drive.

With my laptop, I used to keep my sample library on my internal hard drive and I never had any issues aside from my laptop being outdated and really slow. The sample library took up a ridiculous amount of space on my internal drive. I was told transferring my library to a portable drive would increase performance. Should i transfer my library back to the internal drive?

Also, when I check the memory use under options, it is blank. Pictures included.

Any other suggestions?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      150.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      175.9 KB
      Views:
  2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Could it be that you're loading the 32-bit plugin instead of 64-bit one?

3. PSOCapture

PSOCapture New Member

How can I check if the plugin has been loaded as 32-bit?

4. EvilDragon

Which DAW are you using, and is it 64-bit?

5. PSOCapture

PSOCapture New Member

Update: I managed to confirm they are 64 bit plugins loaded into my DAW. Still getting the error message.

6. EvilDragon

That makes no sense, hm. What does the old friend Task Manager say (just noticed your screenshots show Kontakt standalone, not plugin within a DAW)?

7. PSOCapture

PSOCapture New Member

I'm using reaper in 64 bit and im using Windows 7 64bit OS. I made sure that the plugins were being loaded from the 64-bit VST folder and not the 32 bit. Some of the samples are working, but the larger samples are giving me the error messages and causing reaper to crash.

8. EvilDragon

Yes, I understand that, but there's not enough detail to go on here, I can keep on guessing... Could you temporarily disable bridging in Reaper and see what happens then (Preferences->Plugins->Compatibility->VST bridging/firewalling set to "Only native")?

9. PSOCapture

PSOCapture New Member

I just tried that and didn't have any luck.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      56.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      402.5 KB
      Views:
  10. EvilDragon

Ehh, well it was worth a shot. I have no more ideas to share, sorry. I guess one last thing would be removing the 32-bit plugin path from VST paths then rescanning plugins, then trying again. But after that I really have no more ideas.

It's most definitely linked to 32/64-bit difference, SOMEHOW. That error doesn't pop up that easily when you have 16 GB of RAM.

11. DarkStar

DarkStar NI Product Owner

What happens in the standalone Kontakt? Same problem?

Are you absolutely sure that all 16GB memory is working OK?

And what is the size of the plug-in dll files in your 64-bit and 32-bit plug-in folders?

12. PSOCapture

PSOCapture New Member

The same thing happens in standalone. I'm pretty sure the memory is working alright. When I checked system properties its registering 16gb. However, Its not registering it within Kontakt when I checked stand alone. The size of my 32 bit folder is 303mb and the size of my 64 bit folder is 335mb. If you were asking about Kontakt, 32 bit konakt is 38,373 kb and 64 but is 43,162 kb. Location: local c>program files> Native Instruments.

13. EvilDragon

Remove the 32-bit Kontakt DLL from your system. Try again.

You also might have faulty RAM, despite the fact that it registers as 16 GB...

14. PSOCapture

PSOCapture New Member

I'll try this when I get home and update you later today. Is there any sort of system test I can run to see if I have faulty RAM I'll try this when I get home and update you later today. There any sort of system test I can run to see if I have all the ram?

15. EvilDragon

16. DarkStar

DarkStar NI Product Owner

I was asking about the dll file sizes as a double check that the files were in the right folders (the 64-bit files are bigger than the 32-bit files (for Kontakt 4 anyway).

As for memory testing I get an option to run one when I reboot the system at the "choose an OS" stage, but have never run it.

17. PSOCapture

PSOCapture New Member

I took out the ram and reinstalled them in case something was loose. Then I ran the diagnostic and the ram is functional; no errors. Then I made sure all of my 64 bit plugins and 32 bit plugins were in their respective folders. The last thing I did was completely erase the 32 bit plugins from my system. Still getting the low memory message. Should I uninstall and then reinstall Komplete 8? I really wasn't wanting to do that, but I feel like I'm out of options.

18. EvilDragon

I guess that's the last thing you can try, but something is definitely fishy here.

Can you list all the libraries that are giving you the low memory message, and perhaps which patches do it?

19. PSOCapture

PSOCapture New Member

I'm going to try transfering my sample library to an internal hard drive vs the external. After reading a couple NI articles on the error, I think it might be a DFD related issue. If that doesn't work, I'll go through and make a list of the problem libraries. Basically, any instrument that has a total sample library of about 2.5 gb triggers the message.

20. EvilDragon

That seems to be consistent with 32-bit RAM limit (OS and program overhead + sample library size coming about at 3.25 GB or so)...