Batch Create Kits from your Samples & Maschine Libraries for Ableton, MPC, iOS apps etc - Kit Maker

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by elgrayso, Apr 1, 2020.

1. elgrayso

elgrayso NI Product Owner

Hey all,
    We made an app that can batch create 16-pad kits out of any samples, OR convert your Maschine Libraries into kits, automatically. It is called Kit Maker.

www.kit-maker.com

VIDEO:

FEATURES

- For Mac AND PC

- Interactive GUI interface

- Create kits for a variety of DAWs

- Use Maschine libraries to create kit presets of all Maschine drum kits

- Or use ANY SAMPLES you want to create your own libraries and infinite kits

- Drag and rearrange pad layouts as you want; save your own custom layout

- Keep your same layout across all kits; use the same MIDI patterns across all your kits

Creates presets for:

Ableton Live 10
    MPC Live, MPC One, MPC X and Akai Force Hardware.
    MPC 2 Desktop software (and MPC Touch)
    Beatmaker 3 iOS
    NanoStudio 2 iOS

and a "Numbered Files" option so you can drag and drop ordered kit samples into:

iMPC 2 iOS

Reason Devices such as

Kong and Umpf Devices,

FL Studio’s Channel Rack Sequencer,

Logic X Pro Drum Machine Designer,

Groove Agent 5,

Geist2,

Bitwig Studio,

and more.

*This is a free upgrade for existing customers.

GET HERE: https://gumroad.com/kitmaker#DKldN

Get $5 off this first week of our launch using coupon code: LAUNCH

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Interesting... Is there a trial version?

3. elgrayso

No trial unfortunately

4. RMX Hunter

RMX Hunter New Member

Whats up elgrayso? I just bought Kit Maker to convert my Maschine Kits to MPC. I managed to convert a few expansion kits just fine but i cant convert the rest of the regular Maschine factory kits. I've closed and relaunched the program a multiple times but nothing is working. I can import the folders but when i hit "make kit" its says that its finished but it doesn't export anything. Do you know why this is?

5. elgrayso

Hi RMX, thanks for the support! Haven't heard anyone with that issue before, but we should be able to figure out what is going wrong in your case. Can you go to www.kit-maker.com/contact and message us the details? We'll be able to email you back from there and get it worked out :)

6. RMX Hunter

RMX Hunter New Member

Thank You kindly Sir!

7. djadonis206

djadonis206 NI Product Owner

Curious. When I convert a Maschine kit that has a VST like Massive on one of the pads, the pad gets turned into a horrible high pitched tone. Is this supposed to happen? I’m converting maschine expansions into MPC programs.

A lot of my maschine expansions have synths on the pads.

or is there a setting to stop that from happening.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. elgrayso

Hello! Our app does not convert the VST synthesized sounds that are on some pads in Maschine. It copies over the .wav samples from the Maschine kits and recreates the kits for your MPC (or other DAWs). Most sounds in the Maschine kits are .wav samples and are made into kits, but there are some synthesized sounds (from Massive etc) that do not transfer over and will simply show up as blank pads on your MPC. There is no part of our app that would generate any tones as you described.

There is more info on this on the Help page of our website:

There are some Maschine kits that will have a few pads that do not transfer over. This is because, in the original Maschine Kits, these pads’ sounds are generated live inside the Maschine software. Inside Maschine there are sometimes software synths and basses that are not made of samples, and thus, don’t have .wav sample files to transfer over.
    There are also a few occasions where a Maschine kit will use samples from a sampled instrument, which wasn't made directly for that kit.
    The result is that some kits will have a few blank spots in them. Fortunately, the vast majority of pads do transfer fine.

If you have more questions, there is also a technical help contact form on that page :)
    Hope that helps clarify!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vasco Moreira

Vasco Moreira New Member

Hi,
    Did anyone got this to work?
    What I'm getting in the Kit Maker folder is a copy of Ableton default drum kits, not my Maschine groups converted.
    Kit.PNG
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  10. elgrayso

The screenshot you are showing shows a list of successfully converted Maschine kits: "808, 8-Ball, Absynth, AcidPaul" etc are from the Maschine Factory Library

11. Vasco Moreira

Vasco Moreira New Member

Hi elgrayso,

Thanks for your reply, you are right about those kits. Resetting the previous conversion and executing it again, I confirm that some kits are being successfully converted.

This is a snapshot of my unfiltered Maschine Libraries (1.8, 2.0 and 2.5) drum kits:
    mk3 kits.PNG

Not all kits are being processed by the app, but I'll try to figure out why.

I'll keep you guys posted.

12. elgrayso

The vast majority of kits do transfer, including almost all those in the screenshot above. Here is some info from our website which may help:

There are some Maschine kits that will have a few pads that do not transfer over. This is because, in the original Maschine Kits, these pads’ sounds are generated live inside the Maschine software. Inside Maschine there are sometimes software synths and basses that are not made of samples, and thus, don’t have .wav sample files to transfer over. In a few cases, some drum sounds are generated live inside the Maschine software, such as in the kit "3l3ktro."
    There are also a few occasions where a Maschine kit will use samples from a sampled instrument, which wasn't made directly for that kit.
    The result is that some kits will have a few blank spots in them. Fortunately, the vast majority of pads do transfer fine.

Note that some kits that are created are made with a slightly different name, such as Abbey Road 50s being shortened to "AR50s."