Battery in Reaper only x86 bridged mode

Discussion in 'BATTERY' started by sicknotelvd, Mar 31, 2021.

1. sicknotelvd

sicknotelvd New Member

Hey,

i bought battery 4 a couple of months ago. Im a Reaper user. It only is working in bridged mode? Why is that? Reaper is 64bit. I tried to deinstall battery via windows and reinstall it but theres an error message of a missing file somewhere in program files. In reaper battery got sometimes problems. if i hit a pad, nothing happens. If i close the battery window i hear it. This way i cant use battery. Could u please help solving it? This way Battery is useless for me. Please help me.

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

When you right-click Battery in Reaper's FX browser, you should see some "Run as" options. Is that set to "Native"?

3. sicknotelvd

sicknotelvd New Member

hey,
    dont know but i could fix the problem,
    i deleted the x86 .dll and replaced it with the one out of my 64bit directory. The 64 directory is in the vst list, but still its weird that just the x86 version showed up

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

That means there's still an x86 version roaming somewhere in the VST plugin paths. Check all the VST paths that you've added to Reaper (Preferences->Plugins->VST).

5. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Also make sure that the VST32 path is listed “Before” the VST64 path or Reaper will register the last VST found if the VST name is the same and since both Battery (32 and 64) are called Battery.dll it only registers it once...