1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

[BCR2000] MIDI Feedback on knob value

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by dutchieman, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutchieman

dutchieman Forum Member

Is it possible to send knob values back to a MIDI controller?

(Binary) LEDs are working perfectly, but I'd like my controller to sync up to the 4 FX knobs when switching effects.

2. tomd25

tomd25 NI Product Owner

Hi mate, it's not currently possible with T3 itself. Back in the T2 days I built an application which takes advantage of the OSC output from Traktor (used to sync multiple Traktors) to get MIDI feedback for quite a few parameters. I'm reworking it now (see http://www.native-instruments.com/forum_us/showthread.php?t=51539&page=2)

If you want the old version for now, I will send it (if you are using Windows).

With T3 sadly not much extra is sent out via OSC: the fx knobs positions are not, neither are any EQ positions unless you use Traktor EQ mode. However, I have a potential workaround in mind: as long as my app can know the start positions of the effects when you load Traktor (I think they reset whenever you load it, if not I can prob hack the Traktor settings file to do so), then my app can keep track of what effect you change to and store the appropriate settings and send them back on changing effects. This is something I *really* want to work so I will keep you posted :)

3. dutchieman

dutchieman Forum Member

Great to see some action in this! I have a mac myself, and happen to own a BCR2000 as well ;-). On top of that, I'm an experienced Java developer (not so much OSX though), so I'm happy to help you out with the MIDI experiments.

Let me know if I can help!

4. ARJ07

ARJ07 New Member

Gentlemen,

I would be really grateful if you could help me with programming Traktor 3 and BCD 3000 for sending back to controller the MIDI commands from Traktor so the LEDs may work.
    (Traktor MIDI feedback as I read at the forum).

I read both manuals, found the right CC numbers that should be sent back to BCD but I just can not find where I should program it.

Thank you very much in advance.

5. dutchieman

dutchieman Forum Member

Just create a new MIDI event entry (e.g. for EQ Low Kill), set its type to "Output" and its CC accordingly. Don't forget to also enable your BCD3000 under the "MIDI Output Devices" in preferences (and OK and re-open preferences after that).

6. ARJ07

ARJ07 New Member

To Dutchieman:

thanks a lot for your attention, indeed.
    Native girl has recommended the same and I could not get it first but now it is more clear.

But the question is that I do not see "MIDI output" in "MIDI interfaces" section, only "MIDI in". And this is strange. How could I get it visible - do you know smth about that?

Thank you in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.