1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Beatgrid Marker Precision / Accuracy in Traktor Pro

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Kwlo, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Kwlo

Kwlo New Member

Hi all.

I've used Traktor on iOS/iPad with my S2 controller for a few years. Just got a MacBook and Traktor Pro which I'm using with the same controller.

When beatgridding my tracks, I'm finding that I can't make the grid marker cue point as accurate as I could on the iPad. Then I could use the jog wheel on my S2 to get it pixel perfect. Now I set my grid marker then zoom in on the waveform and use the buttons on Traktor to shift it left or right but it jumps in steps too big to get it absolutely perfect. This is adequate to make a mix sound just about right, but it's not absolutely flawless like I had it before. I would have presumed Traktor Pro would have been able to grid more accurately than the iOS version.

Is there a way around this? Some other button or command to nudge the grid market one pixel at a time or something?

Thanks for any help!

2. Lymedo

Lymedo NI Product Owner

Have you used the second row of adjust buttons?

3. Kwlo

Kwlo New Member

upload_2018-7-30_20-30-0.png
    I'm using the two buttons in the middle of this pic. The ones below change the tempo rather than the marker position.
    Are there other buttons somewhere I'm missing?
    Thanks for your help :)

4. Kwlo

Kwlo New Member

Ah I think I just figured it out. If I move the wheel to move the track and click the place grid button rather than using a button on the controller I get the pixel perfect placement rather than a jump. I think that's sorted it.

5. buggles

buggles NI Product Owner

I recommend setting up a keyboard shortcut for moving the grid and set it to the finest setting. Also a shortcut for a more coarse grid adjust. Do this for both forward and back.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kwlo

Kwlo New Member

Ah that sounds great. I love me a keyboard shortcut. Will try that, thanks.

7. Kenny MacCormick

Kenny MacCormick NI Product Owner

That's what I do if in front of my controller but I udually like to beatgrid on the sofa with the laptop over my chest/belly :) so I just drag-fight in vinyl mouse mode till it's perfect. A shame, I know :)

8. Kwlo

Kwlo New Member

Ah good plan :)

9. sangdogg

sangdogg NI Product Owner

i think you enabled snap and quantize? So it will make just magnetic position to the random grids.
    And I'm like opposite Kenny MacCormick. I set the mouse control to Snap rather than Scratch(everyone has different style), for me, it quickly snaps to any pre-grids nearly perfectly as Traktor pre-grid entire waveforms in a song when there are 0 grids. And when i ever need to do the precise grid, i use the tempo-bend control (not the tempo fader, the one located right side of phase meter).