1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Been offline for 2 years - did they fix Maschine DAW?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by alecman, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Balog

Balog NI Product Owner

Same here, sold my Maschine Studio last friday.
    Have an unopened MK3 on my ward robe, maybe i will give it as a present to my son in 2 or 3 years.

2. SM313

SM313 NI Product Owner

I don't know why I have this feeling but everyone getting rid of their MK3's and disowning Maschine are going to come back. Either with 2.8 or 3.0.. either way.. You'll be coming back!! #Watch lol.. I love making beats in Maschine!!

3. freakydinde

freakydinde NI Product Owner

i made beats on maschine for 8 years, i switched to Ableton + Battery + keyboard, i'll never get back.

the only really good thing in maschine are the sound banks and the browser, not enough to get limited on all other production aspect.

some of us like to use maschine as a "meta VST", for this purpose i prefer MUX Modular, and then most of the time ableton racks are enough to get fancy VST setup.

drawing modulation line in ableton is a blast (curve power), combining that with macro from instruments racks and FX is oustanding, combining that with automation line is gorgeous.

maschine was funny to make loops, ableton is a blast to make tracks.

• Like Like x 2
  4. machinesworkinghardforyou

machinesworkinghardforyou NI Product Owner

Maschine has the worst sequencer of any of the devices I've used from 1988 on, that's how behind they are in what is the most critical aspect of music making with a sequencer. That's not going to be fixed in a 2.8 - 9 update, and I'm not paying for an upgrade that gives me what an SR-16 had in 1990.

I don't even blame NI for this, I blame you, (the figurative you, I don't know you personally), I blame all the people who don't get involved enough in music, who hobby away and are just fine only working in 4/4. NI would have fixed this within the first year had there been an outcry, but there wasn't, most people are content to come up with a few loops, put together a four on the floor track that sounds club ready, and be done with it. That lack of demand has created a situation where Maschine is fully mature at about ten years old, and still has a less than mediocre sequencer.

I'm not coming back, the MPC2 software works just fine, I miss the integration level Maschine Studio has with Maschine2 but I'm just deciding on whether to get a MPC Touch or to get the MPC Live. I'll say it though, better forums here. Maybe it's because the problems are simpler, but the MPC forums are slow.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Then this....

Maybe because they are making music and not looking to quasi-troll on the forums??

Someone keeps leaving the irony on.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. machinesworkinghardforyou

Search through my posts.
    There's a few threads with massive amounts of information about how to get around all sorts of issues in setting up Maschine in various DAWs, comparisons of feature sets between MPC and Maschine, since both pieces of software have dedicated hardware. I spent a lot of time outlining exactly what was wrong with Maschine in terms of features it claims to have and ones it's missing. Each DAW I've used with Maschine requires a slight variation in setting it up to get MIDI export to work, and to get Maschine to be able to record MIDI from it's pads into that DAW, all outlined. One goal in this is to give other users the information I didn't have when I bought Maschine, google searchable threads about specific issues Maschine has, how to solve them, and what alternatives like the MPC2 offer. No quasi trolling here.

You haven't outlined any reason why Maschine is great to you or my conclusion is wrong. Because insulting someone while contributing nothing isn't trolling right?

7. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

They know about the sequencer, and they wanna get it right. Yes I know, it's been a long time. But in the mean time you seem happy with the MPC.

8. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

I think people right now are seeing what else is out right now. I do think once the song layer drops, what you said will happen.

9. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

All I was trying to illustrate was your confusion...

You implied that the devs inability (or indifference) to make Maschine "all-everything" solution is a result of people not "getting involved in music enough"...whatever that means.

And that comment, taken for face value, is completely wrong.

Unless you're also implying that the people who ARE "involved in the music business enough" are only at the platform they are at because they bitched and moaned in forums about all the frills their DAW's needed.

Your post was wrought with elitism as if THOUSANDS of musicians did not self-actualize and reach their goals at the hobbyist level.

That's cool, I appreciate your laundry list of workflow tips and improvements you had your hand in.

Maybe you should get more serious about beta-testing and see it as less of a hobby.....

10. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

LOL always the apologist.
    This is just creating song mode, they aren't mapping out the human genome.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. machinesworkinghardforyou

Sort of get your point. I wasn't trying to paint myself out as an elitist, like I said earlier in this thread, I don't personally do the sort of automation that some of you do, there's definitely areas of a sequencer like Maschine etc. I don't use to the level some of you do, it's just that the trend in music is towards four on the floor dance music. I don't hate that kind of music at all, a good portion of what I do fits that category.
    The point was to squarely place the blame on NI, not on the end user, but the fact is the trend is towards 4/4 dance music in terms of electronic music in general, so NI have little or no incentive to fix their sequencer with what would probably be a big rewrite, but a lot of incentive to put out new expansion packs. Most of the music I like is bedroom producers and garage bands, people who still have to work day jobs to make the sort of music they do, and if anyone was offended by my post realize it's just the frustration of someone whose spent thousands on NI to notice this trend they have of only following trends..

• Like Like x 1
  12. machinesworkinghardforyou

It should have been their first concern. I came in late to Maschine, and figured that their MIDI note firing of Scenes from a DAW etc. would suffice when I found out the Sequencer had to be carefully constructed with a mouse from Scenes. That it falls flat with any odd time signature in the DAW.
    On its own, there's no jamming out of Scenes to a song, no arranging Scenes except by mouse. Only a single time signature in the Song timeline. It's in bad shape, and has been for almost ten years now. They've had plenty of time to get it right, but instead we've had three generations of hardware, one serious upgrade that cost money etc, and a lot of expansion packs.

I'm picking up an MPC Live. It's pretty cool, but it's overkill, if Maschine Mk3 with the software covered those two seemingly to me anyway insane misses on NI's part (pattern arrangement on the fly, and time signatures in the song window), I would be buying the Mk3.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

..or even fixing the automation.............:D

• Like Like x 1
  14. tempsperdu

Some would say you do have a point ;)

• Like Like x 3
  15. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

How do you know that they aren't working to change DNA to DNI?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Or DNR!!

17. tempsperdu

But possibly DNF........................................

18. Crazy Lou

Crazy Lou NI Product Owner

We have to ask DMX.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

[Inserts random comment to change the subject]...on the other hand, how ‘bout that new iPad Pro, eh?!

20. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Funny you mention that, it’s supposed to be as powerful as many Mac laptops. Never though I would say this but I am actually considering it + BeatMaker3, after seeing some videos about it it’s very similar to Maschine and........ has a song layer, linear arrangement, custom chords, audio tracks, 64 pad mode, etc, etc, and it's just an app.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1