Best button on S4 for Flux mode

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by RB75, Oct 25, 2012.

1. evilacid

evilacid New Member

How about this one.....

so im trying to map my s4 to toggle between insert and post fader modes.

i have it set to shift+fx select, 1 for insert, 2 for post fader. each channel being a different fx bank.
    my problem is i cant seem to figure out how to have the leds when i hold shift indicate which is active, led 1 on for insert and led 2 on for post fader.

anyone know how to do that?

2. RB75

RB75 NI Product Owner

After having a go at midi mapping Shift + Load (and failing!) I decided to use this method as I don't use the offset buttons either.

Can you tell me how to get the buttons to light up to indicate on/off for Flux mode as I can't seem to suss it? Cheers.

3. Supermix

Supermix Forum Member

Hi RB75
    see post #18.
    In some words when you have mapped the function (1 for every deck), you have to add also one I/O OUT instruction for every led (of every deck):

The single deck instruction is:

Add out (I/O)
    Type of controller = led
    Interaction mode = output
    Assignment = deck A

repeat the sequence for deck B, C, D.

Pressing any of four offset button you will light on or off the led and its flux functionality.

Enjoy.

4. RyuJn

RyuJn Forum Member

how did u map them with shift? and the led for when shift is being held?

I wanna do that with the "mode" select buttons from the effects panel on the S4

I currently have the "mode" select buttons (left and right) mapped to flux on decks A and B respectively (with led)...I want to map the same mode button that i have for A to C when shift is being held (along with led) and the vice versa with the mode button for B and D.

Either that or my other option is to map it to deck C after i press "DECK C" and vice versa for "DECK D"

5. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

I set Shift to map to a modifier, then used the deck select buttons to change flux mode when the modifier is set. Same on the way out - created an Out setting that sets the deck select button to on when the modifier is set

Mike

6. RB75

RB75 NI Product Owner

Hey, Cheers for the reply, although I'd already sussed it out by the time I checked back to see the response. Thanks any way.

For anyone who wants to use this way to control Flux I attached my TSI file. HTH

Attached Files:

7. sebastienbelle

sebastienbelle New Member

Hi everybody! how interesting! I am using fryups method, nice, but finally, we have to push 3 buttons to activate flux mode. A little bit long. My first need, is to do that on the fly, so with one button. I explain :

Flux mode in on, i arrive at the end of the track, i want to loop the end. With flux mode on, i have to keep the finger on the loop button. no the best way to control! :)

So, i am looking for the best way to switch from flux mode on to off with the finger on the button.

Not easy to find a button (with a led is a plus) on the S4, and direct, without a shift something.

Three option :
    1 the Offset button just under the tempo? but i use the tempo mod, i can start from 120 bpm to 128 i use shift sync to choose the master then change tempo. And sometimes the offset button but only together. Possible to use them ?

2 Button load : look pretty nice, but only on Deck A and B. But this is my fist use.

3 : I have a X1 (that i want to use for A and B especially for Cue button but this is another story.) One of you use Button FX2 for A and B. looks nice. But only X1. :)

Ah ah ah, i precise that i am a mapping newbie. Not easy, but i start to andestand thing because of you. thanks!

So, if one of you look has the same need that me (switch on the fly on a loop to flux mode off, or on...) I am open!

(How by the way i found by chance how to switch layout. Shift button Deck C! youhou... )

8. tmccoy

tmccoy Forum Member

Hi all, this is my first mapping modification for my S4, so obviously I'm missing something.

I was thinking of using SHIFT+LOOP IN, given that flux is a loop operation.

In any case, I can't seem to get a basic SHIFT+button mapping. When I press the Learn button, it seems to learn either the SHIFT or LOOP IN button, not both, even if I press them together, one after another and so on. What am I missing here? Screenshots attached of me trying to add an override on the default S4 mapping.

I watched the youtube link in this thread that uses the SHIFT+BROWSE button to access a second set of controls on the S4 (or am I interpreting this incorrectly?), but I just want to create this one custom action - do I really need the SHIFT+BROWSE method and to create a new controller?

Cheers!

Attached Files:

9. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

Out of interest I plugged in a footswitch to the port on the back of the S4 and mapped it to turn on flux mode (hold mode) for all decks when I hit the switch. This is actually a lot of fun.

10. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

I didn't even think of that! Imma go grab my footswitch and try it!

11. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

Footswitch ..... now I like that idea ! Time to go rummage around in the "stuff I'll use one day" box !

Mike

12. djchrislee

djchrislee Forum Member

How is your x1 mapped for flux mode and how please ;)
    ---
    Sorry count, just read down and saw this. Are these all the steps i need? i almost completely use my x1 nowadays so this would be an ideal mapping for me :)

13. Count Zero

No. That is just the example for Deck A mapped on Left FX2
    You would need to do this again with appropriate changes for the other decks on the other buttons.

I have
    Left.FX1 on Deck C
    Left.FX2 on Deck A
    Right.FX1 on Deck B
    Right.FX2 on Deck D

This makes the FX buttons from left to right match the order the decks are on the S4.

You also need to change (or delete) the FX assignments that are on those buttons so you don't get strange behaviour.

I deleted the mapping for Shift and those buttons which are normally snap, quant etc. (since those functions are on the S4) and made them FX assign for FX3 & FX4. I then also remapped all the FX controls on the top of the X1 to FX3&4.

Now I can control FX1 and FX2 from the S4, FX3 and FX4 from the X1 and have flux mode on the X1.

14. djchrislee

djchrislee Forum Member

Ok so ive done a simple mapping for toggling on/off flux mode :) is there a way to map a light to show its on/off on the software interface or the x1? ideally what i`m asking is how do i map the fx/2 buttons on the x1 to glow when i hold shift to show if its on? ;)

15. Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ NI Product Owner

right im new to this mapping lark. Iv read this thread and im trying to miap flux to shift - sync but when i press learn then shift and sync it only seems to learn a command of one button. What am i doing wrong and someone please give me a step by step idiot guide on how to map it. Thanks.

16. Count Zero

@djchrislee You need to follow this idea. ^

@Dysfunk DJ I suggest you try some youtube tutorials and/or check out traktorbible.com to get your started with mapping. To map a shift-function you need modifiers to track the status of the shift button. Best get a bit of an understanding and then if you still need a bit of a hand then come back again.

17. Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ NI Product Owner

Cheers for that count. Yes I realised soon after my post it was down to modifiers, something I have been avoiding. Ill look into them asap. If i mess it up I can always delete so its not a problem. Its just getting my head around it all. But I think mapping flux willl be a simple introductiion to mapping.

18. djchrislee

djchrislee Forum Member

So one more thing, what exactly are modifiers?

19. Count Zero

OK. So maybe you also need to check out some tutorials and/or traktorbible.com.

20. djchrislee

djchrislee Forum Member

i watched quite a few tutorials but never come across a good in depth one, which one do you recommend?