1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

big distortion problem needs to be fixed asap!

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by crist488, Nov 5, 2011.

1. crist488

crist488 New Member

my setup is 2011 macbook pro 2.4g GHz

audio 10

traktor scratch pro 2

i had a big serious problem during a gig last night for some apparent reason when i was in the middle of the mix the audio from the tracks that i was playing would sound so distorted i could barley hear the song over the distortion i could hear the track for about 2 min clearly after fully resetting everything but then the distortion would come back in u can hear the distortion on the main speakers and in the mixer when your cueing i had a fellow dj use my audio 10 the same night and he had no problems at all now i had the volume on my mac half way but i dont think that should affect my audio quality i need this problem fixed soon because i have a gig coming up this week and i cant play like this do i have to change any settings to play on a bigger club type of a system because im clueless on what can cause this

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

please have a look at the tuning tips NI is providing in the knowledge base - might just be sth simple as turning off wlan.

3. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

I suggest you try to recreate the problem at home and if you can then post your setting here.. cos anything else would be a guess on our part..

the tuning tips isa good place to start
    you could have cpu overload, buffer overrun/underrun in the driver, or simply have used too many fx and it be finger trouble (i get the latter a lot)

4. crist488

crist488 New Member

so i was recording a mix and while i was recording the problem happend so i got to record the issue here it is couldnt get it to upload as an attachment file but i uploaded it to sendspace

http://www.sendspace.com/file/106qi6

get back asap please! im going nuts

5. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

could you have accidentally been routing the line signal into a Phono input?

'cause that would result in exactly your problem.

Can you specify what you are using and how you have it all connected. Exact version of TSP2 as well.

6. crist488

crist488 New Member

my version of tsp2 is 2.1.1

i had 2 rca cables coming out the output of channel A and B on my audio 10 going to my behringer djx700 and i connected those rca cables to my cd input on ch 2 and line input on ch 3 of the mixer and i have a rca cable going from the booth output of the mixer to channel D of my audio 10 to record my mixes.

7. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

you are not by any chance inadvertently monitoring your mix input?/ ie routing channel D back out to the mix?..

or adding errant FX from the mixer?..

8. crist488

crist488 New Member

no i only hook up an out to channel d is if ima use 4 decks but i mainly only use 2 so i always have 2 free channels on my audio 10 ill take a pic later when i get home and show u how its connected