Bitwig-maschine controllerscript

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Emerah, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Emerah

Emerah New Member

Bitwig Studio - Controller script for Maschine.

Please see post #24 for ver1.1

I wrote this script to aid me in interacting with Bitwig Studio while I learn and get familiar with it. it offers the following controls:

Transport Controls:
    Play, Stop, Record, LoopPlayBack, PunchIn, PunchOut, Click

ChannelStrip Controls:
    for the selected track: Select (Previous, Next) Track, Mute, Solo, RecordArm, Volume, Pan

Device Controls:
    Select (Previous, Next) Device, Load (Previous, Next) Preset, GoTo (Previous, Next) ParameterPage, TurnDevice (On, Off), 8 device parameter controls. Maschine knobs map automatically to the selected device parameters. use parameter page buttons to move between parameter banks.

Application Views:
    Switch Launcher/Arranger view, ToggleBrowserView, ToggleMixerView, ToggleDevicesView, ToggleNoteEditorView, ToggleAutomationVew

Undo, Redo
    ToggleScreenFollowPlayback, ToggleTrackHeight.

anyways, I though this script might be useful for the rest of us too, so here it is.

Instructions:

- Place the "Native Instruments" folder in "/Users/YourUseName/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Controller Scripts"
    - in Bitwig Studio Preferences select "Controllers' page and press "Detect available controllers". this should automatically detect and connects to your Maschine (See Note Below)
    - load the included Maschine Template via the Controller Editor. feel free to customise the lay out the way you wish. only pay attention to the midi CC numbers when you customise your template.

PS. I have a Maschine Mk1 … Controller Auto-detection will only work for Mk1 but here is how to make it work for Mk2 (and Studio, I guess):

- open the Maschine.control.js file in a TextEditor.
    - locate the following line (7th line from top): [host.addDeviceNameBasedDiscoveryPair(["Maschine Controller Virtual Input"], ["Maschine Controller Virtual Output"]);]
    - change the port name to the appropriate name of your Mk2/Studio port names
    - save the file (do not change the file name or .extension)
    - now BitwigStudio should be able to detect Mk2
    - if the above does not work .. you can add it manually ..

PS2: to play Bitwig or VST instruments, you need to activate the stock "Generic - MIDI Keyboard" … in Bitwig Controllers' preference.
    PS3: Windows users should be able to use this script too. Paths to file locations are different .. you have to locate the paths on your system.

Archive Content:

1- NativeInstruments/Maschine.control.js
    2- Maschine Controller template
    3. template layout screenshot

Edit: Mk2 users please scroll down to 33tetragammon's post. #11 ..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. alexbuga

alexbuga NI Product Owner

Thanks!

3. 33tetragammon

33tetragammon NI Product Owner

bookmarked for awesomeness!

Thanks so much!!!!

4. tonecre8

tonecre8 NI Product Owner

Very nice contribution, Emerah!

5. mljakobsen

mljakobsen NI Product Owner

It works perfectly - thank you very much Emerah !

6. alexbuga

I can't get the template to work with my MK2. Controller editor won't upload it to the controller.

7. Emerah

Emerah New Member

yeah .. I only created a template for Mk1 ... here are the CC numbers ... you can make a template for Mk2 and please share it here for other Mk2 users:

Transport Controls:
    Play: 0, Stop: 1, Record: 2, LoopPlayBack: 3, PunchIn: 4, PunchOut: 5, Click: 6

ChannelStrip Controls:
    for the selected track: Select (Previous, Next) Track: 8, 9, Mute: 10, Solo: 11, RecordArm: 12, Volume: 13, Pan: 14

Device Controls:
    Select (Previous, Next) Device: 27, 28, Load (Previous, Next) Preset: 25, 26, GoTo (Previous, Next) ParameterPage: 23, 24, TurnDevice (On, Off): 29, and the 8 device parameter controls: 15 ~ 22.

Application Views:
    Switch Launcher/Arranger view: 30, ToggleBrowserView: 31, ToggleMixerView: 34, ToggleDevicesView: 35, ToggleNoteEditorView: 36, ToggleAutomationVew: 37

Undo: 32, Redo: 33
    ToggleScreenFollowPlayback: 38, ToggleTrackHeight: 39.

8. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

thanks for sharing this :cool:

sowari

9. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats NI Product Owner

Pretty cool thanks for the efforts and sharing.Im on MK2 so I would love to try but must first see if I can figure out how to edit the script since I have never down this before.No offense but these are all accessible through key commands right? The key commands are super simple as simple as one letter/key short cuts. Still I like the play pause record the most on your script, I guess from a controller could be better though .Thanks again though I really want to get into scripting with this program since they make it easy to do.. I just wish I could do my Push controller ..This is my mini cheat sheet I shared with a friend earlier this week.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  10. Bonus Beats

mutes and solos are pretty cool

11. 33tetragammon

Here's Emerah's original Bitwig template for all you Maschine MK2 users out there.
    I've also added a folder with the controller script set to the appropriate midi ports.

See OP for details on where to put what.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. alexbuga

Danke !

13. Richuill

Richuill New Member

The stop button isnt working for me

.....Nevermind....its working now

Thanks for the script, have been waiting for it

14. Toneshop

Toneshop NI Product Owner

Very Nice...Thx .
    Is this Bi-directional or do the parameters jump when changing devices and turning knobs on the Maschine?

15. Emerah

Emerah New Member

@Toneshop ... it is not Bi-Directional yet ... I need to set observers in the script to make it Bi-directional ... as soon as I have time I will work on it again ...

16. Toneshop

Toneshop NI Product Owner

You rock,thanks for sharing!!

17. 33tetragammon

Cool, i can't wait….

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  18. 33tetragammon

Came home this morning from nightshift, found this on the KVR forum:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=406759&p=5703749#p5703749

Another Maschine MK2 script. Gives you feedback on the controller. Stlll a work in progress according to the creator (Volker Schumacher….that's one of the BitWig developers).
    Put the whole folder (minus the Controller Editor template) in the same place as the factory scripts.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bonus Beats

Anyone else notice that when you run other plugins inside Maschine while in Bitwig then you can't call up the VSt's GUI?Makes Maschine slightly not usable.

20. 33tetragammon

Same here. I sent an email to BitWig support regarding that.

• Like Like x 1