1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Booth-Out Solutions for S4 Mk 1

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by Bluemonday69, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Bluemonday69

Bluemonday69 New Member

Hi Tune Wizards.
    I know this has been discussed before but the most up to date I could find was 2011.
    Gotta a Club gig coming up and I'm going to have to address the BOOTH-OUT question for the S4 mk1.

What are your best, most reliable and sound quality solutions to this. Giving names of mixers and cabling if you can. Cant afford to upgrade to the Mk2 BTW.

2. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Are you plugging into the club mixer at your gig? If so, the booth speakers will already be connected to the mixer and can be controlled from the mixer too.

3. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

4. KLH

KLH NI Product Owner

While both of the above posts can be used, I'll offer a third option: compact mixer.

[​IMG]

Connect the S2 or S4 to the compact mixer to the tape inputs (via RCA) or stereo line-in (via TRS). From there, use the compact mixer's main outputs to feed your PA and the headphone output to feed the booth outputs.

The bonus for using the compact mixer is that you gain inputs to use however you want (Mic, backup sound source, etc.). You also gain an output just in case you want to record Traktor's mix (internally within Traktor) and/or the mixer's output (via Tape Output RCAs).

Having a compact mixer gives you a lot of flexibility. While I've included a Behringer mixer, I personally use a Mackie mixer because the latter has balanced outputs and better control. Both compact mixers are less than $100, but the Behringer is usually half the price of the Mackie.

-KLH

5. Tim Rietkerk

Tim Rietkerk New Member

Hi, I just got a traktor s4 MK1 and also trying to solve this problem. I am not an expert at all so this maybe a stupid question. The RCA main out runs to my crossover, but isn't it possible to run the 1/4" to a separate amplifier where i connect my monitor speakers (just some passive speakers) for example. Would I then be able to control the volume of my monitor speakers separately? Or will the s4 not be so happy running both main outs to separate amps? Otherwise I will just take one of the options mentioned above.

I hope I'm a little bit clear.

6. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

The S4 Mk1 has no independant volume control between the RCA and 1/4" outputs. You can use them both at the same time though.