1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Bought New Laptop. How do I best transfer my collection?

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by El Caobo, Mar 1, 2013.

1. El Caobo

El Caobo New Member

As the title indicates, I just bought a brand new laptop.

How do I best transfer my music collection to the new laptop?

2. brocklambert

brocklambert Forum Member

Export collection from old laptop to external hard drive, then import collection to new computer.

3. El Caobo

El Caobo New Member

That is the simple answer. I prepared to do that already. I've saved the music from the MY MUSIC file to an external drive, but I was hoping that there would be a way to do it so that all my playlists, etcetera, would also be transferred.

4. M3HO

M3HO New Member

Go to your MY DOCUMENTS > native instruments > traktor >

There you can save all your settings, playlists, mappings, etc

5. brocklambert

brocklambert Forum Member

There is a difference between just copying your music files and exporting and importing your collection via Traktor. If you use the export/import collection feature, it will save your playlists, cues, etc and set up your new browser tree just like your current one.

6. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

transfer all music and traktor files, transients, stripes basically the whole traktor folder

7. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator