1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice
  2. You can find all the latest news on macOS 11 (Big Sur) and Apple M1 compatibility for our products here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013515618

Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports for Traktor Pro 2.5 (NO Ranting please!)

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by electronicmaddness, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahavah

ahavah New Member

Crashing and Continued Sound Problems

Since I installed 2.5 I have had nothing but problems. I could not get 2.5 to work without sound clipping/dropping issues, but 2.1.1 does not run clean anymore either. The 2.5 installation must have overwritten some DLLs or something, because now the sound clips/drops on that version as well (although not as badly as it did with 2.5).

Also, the application has crashed twice. The second time it crashed it lost all of the tracks I had imported, including settings that I had populated (i.e. Key, Auto Gain settings, Album Art, etc). Now I have to import and do the settings for over a dozen tracks all over again. This is becoming very frustrating.

:(

2. Halla78

Halla78 New Member

Im having issues with tractor 2.5. Firstly is the cueing issue that a lot of others are having with the timecode cd's and secondly when I press play the track play's for about 4 beats and just stops i have to restart the track. It's driving me nuts!

3. JG101

JG101 New Member

I've been noticing a few issues that no one has seemed to bring up. They are relatively minor but bothersome none the less.

First, for some reason I seem to have to re-analyze everything. Anytime I tap tempo I get an error message saying missing transients, even though all the correct info is there. As a result, I've had to re-analyze many tracks live as I play them. Kinda annoying.

Secondly, and this may seen trivial but normally I can double click on a playlist and all the songs in the playlist will highlight. This doesn't happen anymore. I know it seems trivial but if I'm going to re-analyze certain playlists this would save me some time instead of using command keys to highlight my lists.

Aside from that, I'm getting clicks and pops too. I used it last friday and saturday. Half way through my set on saturday a song's waveform completely stretched out, the song skipped, then went completely dead and then traktor crashed. Here's hoping I don't have the same problem tonight.

I'm using the S4, on a mac notebook version 10.6.8, 2.4GHz Intel core 2 duo with 4 gb of ram.

Cheers

4. Engine77

Engine77 NI Product Owner

This is intentional and was in the New Features list for ver 2.5.

"Select-All feature moved from double-click on tree node to context menu, to avoid conflicts with double-click opening of folders"

5. electronicmaddness

electronicmaddness NI Product Owner

on a mac a simple CMD-A will do the trick!

6. pasik

pasik NI Product Owner

Please open bug reports about these issues to NI support ! Thank you.

7. DJSigma

DJSigma Forum Member

Traktor messes up audio file tags when adding music to its library and analysing the files. It removes the release year, removes leading 0s from track numbers, and also removes track numbers altogether if they begin with a letter, A1 for example. I've only used FLAC files with Traktor so far, so I have no idea if it affects other audio file types.

I'm so annoyed about this, because I have to re-tag a large library of music now. I backed up my collection last night before I noticed this, so my backup is also affected.

Here's a couple of pics to illustrate the issue: -

Before: -

http://i.imgur.com/WZRCk.jpg

After: -

http://i.imgur.com/NvgoA.jpg

8. NReek

NReek NI Product Owner

It is a known issue acknowledged in the release notes, hopefully to be fixed soon.
    ---
    i am experiencing glitches when multiplying/dividing tempo, while working the grids.

9. mest42085

mest42085 NI Product Owner

In 2.5, Traktor cannot recall FX snapshots I have stored for the Delay in FX banks 3 & 4. Will do some more testing and report back.

10. Pjotr123

Pjotr123 NI Product Owner

Solved this: deleted the user defined assignments allocated to the sampledeck buttons in the user tsi for the S4. Imported the new file. It took some time for Traktor to sort it out, but finally it worked.
    ---
    I read this too, but cannot find it it the context menu.:confused:

11. JG101

JG101 New Member

Bummer. It conflicts with the way I use traktor but oh well. Not a huge problem. Thanks for the heads up.

12. Pjotr123

Pjotr123 NI Product Owner

CTL-A for Windows.

13. electronicmaddness

electronicmaddness NI Product Owner

yes i know...the point was that the op is using a mac...telling him the windows shortcut wouldn't help

14. dj_lem

dj_lem Account Suspended

so far for my negative experiences/bugs:

- can't map all 64 slots? that's bugged out
    - cannot exit traktor from fullscreen - alt + f4 (pc) does not work
    - going from extended to browse view then the square cursor on the scroll bar disappears, and re-appears when i switch back to extended view...
    - checking the collection takes substantially longer than before, so does importing of files, but does not crash as it did before
    - still the space on top of screen is not being used for displaying all 4 panels full size, that's just criminal... this used to be in some version prior
    - sorting by Analyzed column does not work as it should, all the NOs should end up on one end but they float in the middle somewhere.?.
    - CPU usage seems higher, but memory management better as higher collection sizes load now

hope that wasn't too verbose, more as i test

15. davscanlon

davscanlon NI Product Owner

Audio pops when using key lock.

16. djjasoncarroll

djjasoncarroll NI Product Owner

low sub pop's with key lock on

17. ahavah

ahavah New Member

Having all the same problems. The Higher CPU usage is what is causing sound clipping/popping/dropping. I finally had no choice but to re-install 2.1.1 until a more stable release of 2.5 is available.

18. Driver111

Driver111 New Member

OK,

Weird but what i've tried is

Totally uninstalling all versions of traktor and installing the full install of 2.5 from scratch and not the upgrade. This seemed to stop the effects from resetting and possibly fixed a few other things? I didnt have time to try it fully but things seemed a little better.
    I also noticed that the issue with the full screen to window "lockup" is there seems to be a hidden window thats open, i managed to close it with task manager on win7 and then from there i was able to change from full screen & window mode.
    As someone mentioned its to do with enableing full screen mode with consistancy check, i think the program is running 2 consistancy checks at once.

19. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

I'm seeing a lot higher cpu spikes when clicking either FX on or off or selecting which decks to which FX units, i'm really trying to sike the computer out so lots of clicking, but this didn't happen on the last version.

So it's a bug IMO

FX routing needs optimising

20. dahJah

dahJah NI Product Owner

Traktor is sending out the wrong midi info to my mixer. I could be playing a song that is 85bpm and my mixer is reading 120bpm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.