calibration issue

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by djgrandavenue, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikim76

mikim76 New Member

Will do NG, thanks!

2. vakus

vakus New Member

i did, i tweeked with them a bit and kept noticing how the image that spins in the software seemed more clear, similar to how the other one besides it looks (the A & B controls on the software), when its not working right, you'll see that there is some distortion in that image... once i changed my rca's that part worked fine...

3. 2manyTHRILLS

2manyTHRILLS Forum Member

What do you mean tweeked them? Did you replace them completely or just move there position in the audio-8 unit?

4. vakus

vakus New Member

i moved them around a bit in the rca connection input in the traktor cables, and noticed the cable was damaged (my RCA cable, not NI Traktor's cable). I replaced my RCA cable for a new one and no more problems with that.

5. djgrandavenue

djgrandavenue New Member

nah no other advice on my issue..i will contact support because i just had a gig and had more problems...in addition to the non calibration..sometimes the track would start reversing by itself...i have no idea what would cause that

6. djgrandavenue

djgrandavenue New Member

nah i didn't refuse to double check...i quadruple checked all my cables...so im 100% certain that they are connected right...at any rate i will contact support

7. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

I have the same calibration problem.
    I use a pioneer DJM 400 and 2 omnitronic DD-5250's.
    because the DJM 400 only has two line inputs, I left out the RCA pair labeled Mixer TT/CD, as it says in the manual. I don't know if this could cause the problem.
    I also don't hear any sound, but the audio thingy at the top of traktor is green..

this is how I've got 1 TT connected:
    [​IMG]

everything is brand new so that can't be the problem...

8. buenputter

buenputter NI Product Owner

Due to the photo it seems that you did not switch the input to line. (It's switched to phono.)

9. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

I've switched it and still no sound..

10. buenputter

Did you check the other pair of RCAs? Do you hear the humming timecode-signal?

Did you set the input-mode of the Audio8DJ to Timecode-CD?

I guess that you did chose the correct channel option on the top of the mixer? (CD vs. Phono/Line) ...and Master, Line-Fader and Cross-Fader are all apropriate?

11. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

yes, yes and yes :(

volume is set to the max and I've switched between cd and phono/line, various times.

12. buenputter

Could you post screenshots of the timecode-scope-window and the audio-routing, please!

13. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

I'll do that tomorrow.
    but I've fixed the sound problem, now I just have a calibration problem. at least I think so, the record sometimes plays backwards in traktor :confused:

14. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

this is what the timecode thingy looks like:
    [​IMG]

this is how my cables are connected (kinda hard to take a picture of):
    [​IMG]

15. buenputter

The reverse bug did occur with dusty needles. Can you rule out that the needle is dusty and that it is not worn out?

The calibration of the other TT is fine? (on the picture the right TT does not (yet) receive a timecode)
    If the other one is fine you should switch TTs to route out that the TT is the problem.
    (One of my TTs recently could not calibrate, because the attached RCA-cables were broken. I could recognize it checking with real Vinyl. Regarding to the positioning of the TT-RCA-cables I could hear real Vinyl on either two or just one channels (mono).)

Please rule out that the multicore-cables are damaged by switching them, too.

16. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

no the other TT isn't fine either.
    The needle was a little dusty but is completely new.
    but the reverse bug is because of a dusty needle, not a calibration error?

17. buenputter

I re-read our postings above. I asked if you set the A8DJ to Timecode-CD. It must be set to Timecode-Vinyl if using TTs. Apart from that I am still thinking about it.

18. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

oh yes, it's set to timecoded vinyl.

I can play tracks but then, mostly somewhere in the middle, it starts jumping and playing backwards :S

19. buenputter

Did you already upgrade to Traktor Scratch 1.1?

What are the specs of your Computer?

20. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

Haven't tried the update yet, will do that now.
    I have a dualcore pentium 3.4 ghz, 1024 mb ram and 7 gb of free disk space, don't think that's the problem as the CPU stays low when using traktor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.