Can i sell NI products, which i first purchased seperatly and then again in Komplete?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Abanice, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Abanice

Abanice New Member

Hey guys,

iam wondering if i can sell some of my NI products. At first i purchased a couple of them seperatly. The i updatet to Komplete 12, which also constains a couple of these ...so actually i bought them twice ;)

Can i sell these seperate purchased licences by keeping the actual instruments because they are part of my Komplete 12 license ?

2. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Sure, you can sell the individual licenses and still have them as part of your Komplete bundle.

3. victorp.sg

victorp.sg NI Product Owner

You can sell and transfer all of your individually bought NI products EXCEPT for one which must be a qualified base product used to upgrade to Komplete 12.

Also, if you had bought, say, Kontakt 5 and used it to upgrade to Kontakt 6, you cannot sell and transfer your Kontakt 5 because you lose the base product for your Kontakt 6 — your Kontakt 6 will turn to DEMO if you sell and transfer Kontakt 5.

4. Abanice

Abanice New Member

Thank u guys...heres a nother question. When i order the transfer ID it says that i have to deinstall the products that schould be transfered.
    When i do this, how can i get them back...or will they neverthelessbe be shown in native access?

5. Matt @ NI

This would apply if you don't have a second license for it. In your case, you selling duplicates so you wouldn't need to uninstall anything ;)

6. Ronnie Wibbley

Ronnie Wibbley New Member

Hi Matt. My products, serials and downloads page is a complete mess so I'd welcome some advice about this. Essentially, if it says "full product" next to a product and it's something which is also in the Komplete bundle, am I ok to sell whilst still being able to use the product as part of the Komplete bundle?

Also, does it matter if the updates aren't consecutive? For example, Reaktor 3 was bought before buying Komplete, then I received Reaktor 5 as part of the Komplete bundle, then bought an update to Reaktor 6 separately last year before I updated Komplete again.

Any advice would be very welcome!

7. Matt @ NI

If you see a product listed individually on this page, you can transfer it. Products included in Komplete would just be listed as Komplete.
    Regarding updates, we would need to have a closer look so please fill a request to our registration team so they can advise on what is possible: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003766298

8. cymbals

cymbals New Member

I am in the same situation - selling an individual license after buying a bundle.
    1) Will product Electric Sunburst Deluxe lose the settings (chosen patterns, efx settings) when it switches to the bundle license, or are my projects unaffected? Thanks.

9. Matt @ NI

Nothing will change if you have two licences. Native Access will switch to the bundle one but it's not going to impact the actual instrument.

10. cymbals

cymbals New Member

Thanks much for the response!

11. Laruso

Laruso New Member

Hi Matt - I previously bought Super 8 separately, and recently updated to K13UCE. I notice in my account that it seems I am able to sell Super 8, and Super 8R2. However I am not clear on what the differences between these are, and whether both are in K13UCE. Can I sell both Super 8 and R2 safely? thanks in advance!

12. Kubrak

Kubrak NI Product Owner

I guess K13UCE has only Super 8 R2.

Not sure, but I think that R2 is also VST3. I do no know if there is sonic difference between R1 and R2, or if R1 has something R2 does not.

13. Laruso

Laruso New Member

it might be moot now anyway, as ive logged into my licenses again, and now R2 is showing as not transferable. This is all very confusing. Ive even received a support ticket telling me Super 8 R2 is an extra and super 8 isn't. All I know is I bought it separate and its now in the K13UCE so I have a duplicate somewhere to sell.

14. Kubrak

Kubrak NI Product Owner

I am not sure, but it might be, that your R1 and R2 licences are bound together, and so R2 is not transferable (you ask for transfer of R1 and the both will be transferred to a new user).

You might get R2 licence for free (to replace R1). I am not sure....

Try to ask in a new thread asking about Super 8 R1/R2, this thread is general....