1. Hi everyone,

If you require technical support from NI or have a questions about activating your product, please head over to our new Support Community!

NATIVE INSTRUMENT SUPPORT COMMUNITY

The Support Community is the new location where you can expect to receive assistance and feedback on technical support, sales or installation issues from our Support Agents and other users.

Please also note, questions about the status of an order should always be directly sent to our Order Support team HERE.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Can`t Copy/Paste..?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by arovia, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arovia

arovia Forum Member

Hi, love Maschine! is really fantastic in my eyes, but i can`t copy/paste? i done everything that the manual says. i can press copy but can`t paste.. not from the software or controller

I can copy/paste in the Scene window but not in the pattern window, for example copy A1 to A2.

if i click copy, and then try to paste , the paste is still grey..

i use Mac OS 10.5.

Attached Files:

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

You have to select the pattern you're going to paste to. You've still got the copied pattern slot active in your screenshot.

ew

3. arovia

arovia Forum Member

sorry, unclear picture from me, even if i copy A1 and then go to A2 is the same? is there something wrong im doing?

and thx for the quick reply
    ---
    Sorry if im confusing, but now it works... seems that if a start my mac and open maschine i can`t copy/paste, but if i restart the application it works?

4. rocadaburn

rocadaburn Forum Member

Hey arovia,

I did not copy e.g. A1 to A2 from the software, but from the hardware mode it works like this:

select the pattern you want to copy and press 'duplicate' - a copy of the pattern will be placed to the next free pattern place.

Edit:

if you want to copy A1 to lets say A7, you should be able to select all pads by pressing select+all pads. then shift+copy and shift+paste after selecting A7.
    did you try this? (sorry I`m not with my maschine at the moment...)

5. arovia

arovia Forum Member

Hey Rocadaburn,

Thx for your help, i tried it but dosen`t work. it work for sometime last night when i restarted the application, but now it still dosen`t work.

here is a video on it.

http://www.eurotroll.se/copypaste.mov

thanks for all your help.
    / Arovia
    ---
    Sorry guys, now i understand! the bar length has to be the same length as the one i copy. hmm strange.. at the first time i copy/paste, after that it works with any length of the bar.

6. rocadaburn

rocadaburn Forum Member

ah now i see what you mean...this is indeed strange.... though pattern->duplicate still works on my hardware as an alternative copy function.... really strange :confused:

7. continuous

continuous NI Product Owner

Any news on this. I am trying to copy and paste scenes using the hardware only. For example copy scene 4 and paste as scene 6.

Thanx

8. konsequenz

konsequenz Forum Member

you can use the duplicate button on the controller for copy&paste:
    press & hold scene+duplicate, then tap pad 4 and then pad 6.
    the same works for patterns.

9. continuous

continuous NI Product Owner

Very Nice! Just what I was looking for. Is this in the manual or did you figure it out through experimentation?

Thanx!

edit: Nevermind it is in the manual. Gotta spend more time in there... kinda wish it was a paper manual rather than PDF only.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  10. Rudj

Rudj NI Product Owner

And what's about...

Add a patern group to a scene ?
    For instance, I create the A groupe and have patern A1, A2 in SCENE 1
    What do you prefer to use, controler or mouse, to paste the A1 patern in the SCENE 2 ?

11. miet

miet New Member

I can't copy and paste at all now with either hardware or software! any ideas?

12. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Welcome =)

I'd contact support if I were you. That shouldn't be happening.

ew

13. dj_tranzplant

dj_tranzplant New Member

Hi,

I've just joined this forum to discuss this very problem.

Before installing the controller patch 2.3.3, the Copy and Paste features were working just fine. That is, a patter on A1 could be copied using "shift"+"COPY" (on Pad 11). I would move onto A2 and use "shift"+"PASTE" (on PAD 12). This was a great, easy way of replicating patterns on the fly.

Since installing controller patch 2.3.3, this feature no longer works. I can duplicate, but its frustrating having been able to do something to then have that option taken away!

Any advice will be gratefully received...

14. sampaboy1234

sampaboy1234 New Member

I have the same problem.2 days ago it worked fine.Now on my next project in Pro Tools 8,paste option is greyed out.I have to save a pattern and then open it in the next to be able to copy...I didn´t do any upgrades between projects.

15. phil909

phil909 Forum Member

i find weird behaviour with copy & paste too.
    last night i selected the midi data from a rex file and copied it, i highlighted a new sound and tried to paste the midi in there, however the midi data just got pasted in the ORIGINAL sounds lane, not the one i had selected.

i've had weird c&p behaviour issues with maschine in the past. sometimes it works as intended, other times it doesn't. it's difficult to file a bug report as it sometimes works ok.

16. sampaboy1234

sampaboy1234 New Member

...Now it works again...strange.
    PTHD 8.0.1cs1 OSx 10.5.8 Maschine 1.0.1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.